- 1 General info
- 2 Specifications
- 3 History of creation, combat usage and evolution
- 4 Screenshots and fan art
- 5 Additional information (links)
The T80B is a Rank VI Soviet medium tank with a battle rating of 10.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.81 "The Valkyries".
The main purpose, usage and tactics recommendations
General play style
The T-80B is visually similar to the T-64B, it retains the same rounded turret, sloped frontal armour and skirted sides, as well as the same jacketed 125mm smoothbore gun. The turret bears different kit, however, such as the use of rounded storage bins and a snorkel tube. The same NSVT 12.mm machine gun is fitted, but this time it is used with 150-round boxes instead of the 100-round boxes found on the 64B. The T-80B retains the same rubber-mesh screens covering the upper portion of the tracks. The frontal glacis has an additional 30mm plate of HHRA welded onto it. This replaces the regular V-shaped “splash plate” found on the T-64B.
When playing in large maps such as "Kursk" and "Maginot Line" use the mobility of the T-80B to get into a hull-down position and make use of the T-80B's armament as well as its phenomenal turret armor to pick-off faraway enemy tanks. When playing in small maps such as "Normandy" and "Poland", use the mobility of the T-80B to flank enemy tanks as you would with the "M1 Abrams" or similar western MBT.
Specific enemies worth noting
Pros and cons
- Very good composite armour.
- Powerful main gun with great stabilisers and accuracy.
- Very good mobility
- Small vehicle
- Decent reverse speed of 12 km/h
- Autoloader like the T-64.
- Good chemical munitions protection with the ERA upgrade
- Same autoloader as the T-64, same rate of fire and weakspot.
- 3 crew member makes it hard to survive on the battlefield.
- Bad gun depression, the generic trouble of Soviet tanks.
- Not a very fast turning turret.
- Lower frontal hull armour devoid of composite armour.
- Breech is easily damaged.
- 1x125mm 2A46M-1 Cannon (38 rounds)
- 1x12.7mm NSVT Machine gun (300 rounds)
- 1x7.62mm PKT Machine gun (1250 rounds)
1x125mm 2A46M-1 Cannon
- Ammunition Capacity: 38 rounds
- Gun depression: -5 degrees
- Gun elevation: 15 degrees
- Turret Rotation Speed: 14.3 degrees per second (stock)
- Reload rate: 7.1 seconds (stock)
- 1 x 12.7 mm NSVT machine gun (pintle-mount)
- 1 x 7.62 mm PKT machine gun (coaxial)
Total: 3 Crew members
- High hardness rolled armor (Hull, front and sides)
- Composite Armor (Hull, front. Turret, front and sides)
- Cast Homogeneous (Turret, front sides and back)
Engine & mobility
Weight: 42.5 tonnes Maximum speed limit: 70 km/h Engine Power: 973 hp / 3154 rpm
Modules and improvements
History of creation, combat usage and evolution
Screenshots and fan art