The Siebelfähre 40 Leichte Flakkampffähre is a Rank II German anti-air ferry with a battle rating of 2.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.79 "Project X" in the fleet closed beta test.
Survivability and armour
Talk about the vehicle’s armor. Note the most well-defended and most vulnerable zones, e.g. the ammo magazine. Evaluate the composition of components and assemblies responsible for movement and maneuverability. Evaluate the survivability of the primary and secondary armament separately. Don't forget to mention the size of the crew, which plays an important role in fleet mechanics. Tips for preserving survivability should be saved for the “Use in battle” section.
If necessary, use a graphic template to show the most well-protected or most vulnerable points in the armor.
Write about the ship’s mobility. Evaluate its power and maneuverability, rudder rerouting speed, stopping speed at full tilt, with its maximum forward speed and reverse speed.
The 4 x 20 mm Vierlingsflak C/38 cannons are the star of this ship, capable of shredding apart any type of ship, at least at low rank. The ammo doesn't really matter as there is an abundant reserve for mass firings.
The 37 mm is rather useless compared to the primary armament due to its limited armaments, but can be used to peg weak ships at a distance and pester off incoming aircraft.
Usage in battles
The best method of using the SF40 Leichte is to hide behind a rock near the capture points and rake anything that tries to cap with the large assortment of autocannons. It is also possible to flank around, get to the sides of the enemy and riddle them with cannon ammo as well.
Pros and cons
- 4 flakvierlings absolutely shred every aircraft and light armored vessel
- Almost invincible to guns of rank 3 ships and below as well as aircraft machine guns and low caliber cannons
- Twin-hulled barge, making the deck very stable for firing
- Packs a lot of ammo
- Easy target for torpedoes and dive bombers
- Reacts extremely slow to rudder input
- Large target from any angle.
- Placement of the flakvierlings mean that at most 3 of them can fire at the same surface target.
- 20mm rounds struggle with armored targets
- Firing leaves a storm of tracers, making you extremely easy to locate and identify
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ship in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the ship;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on ship;
- other literature.
|Naval ferry||AF D1 · AF D3|
|Anti-air ferry||SF40 Schwere · SF40 Leichte|