L-62 ANTI II
The Landsverk L-62 ANTI II is a rank III Swedish SPAA with a battle rating of 3.7 (AB) and 3.3 (RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|40 mm Lvakan m/36||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Mode||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal||Stabilizer||Stock||Upgraded||Full||Expert||Aced||Stock||Full||Expert||Aced|
- Default: ·
- slsgr m/36C: · · ·
- slhpgr m/43: · · ·
|Belt||Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|144||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Against aircraft, 40 mm HE is lethal when it hits
- Surprisingly effectively as a tank destroyer since it has 60-79mm penetration, enough for tanks at its BR
- Stock belt alternates between AP and HE every other round, making it a very effective all-purpose belt
- Almost has no noticable reload time, allowing it to continuously fire when needed
- Relatively fast and mobile
- Is a small target
- Bad reverse speed
- Can be hull-broken by chemical rounds
- Very thin armor that can even be penetrated by heavy MG
- Open topped turret makes it vulnerable against strafing aircraft
- Bad turret traverse speed (Horizontal & Vertical)
- Slow rate of fire (120 rpm) and average shell velocity, hitting fast planes is quite hard
- Low fire density, requires more-than-average aiming skills in a head-on
- -5 degrees gun depression is only useable in flat battlefields
The Landsverk L-62, also known as the Anti II, was a self propelled anti-aircraft gun designed for Finland in 1941 by Landsverk of Sweden. It was based on the Anti I, but with an improved hull and turret. It was based on the chassis of the Landsverk L-60, a light tank design made in the interwar period. The L-62 had an extra road wheel, compared to the L-60. The turret was open topped, and circular. This allowed for better visibility of planes. It was armed with the 40 mm Bofors L/60 anti-aircraft gun. Finland ordered 6 of these vehicles in 1942, and designated them as the ItPsv 41, or Ilmatorjuntapanssarivaunu 41. This translates to anti-aircraft tank 41 in English. In the Summer of 1944, the ItPsv 41 shot down 11 Soviet planes. This protected the tank brigade from air attack. All 6 vehicles were used in Finnish service until 1966.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
- Landsverk L-62 Anti-II. (2019, October 20). In Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Landsverk_L-62_Anti_II&oldid=922225342
|Sweden anti-aircraft vehicles|
|Lvrbv 701 · Lvkv 42 · Lvkv 9040C · Lvtdgb m/40|
|L-62 ANTI II · Pvlvv fm/42 · VEAK 40 · ASRAD-R|