43.M (75 mm)
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
- 43.M pancelgranat - APCBC - This should be the main ammo type you use, as it has the best penetration while dealing good damage thanks to its explosive filler.
- 43.M repeszgranat - HE - It is recommended to completely avoid this kind of shell. It is useless against anything other than unarmoured AA vehicles, armoured cars, and gun trucks. Furthermore, the HEAT shell is better than this in every way (more explosive mass, more penetration).
- 43.M pancelrobbantogranat - HEAT - It is recommended to carry only very few of these. It is useful against unarmoured AA vehicles, armoured cars, and gun trucks. It has enough penetration to destroy less armoured tanks if you find them when you have this shell loaded, however the APCBC shell is still superior for fighting tanks in every way.
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
Comparison with analogues
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against notable opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
- Good penetration
- Decent velocity and flat shell trajectory
- Decent post-pen damage
- Gets its best shell when stock
- Reload time is on the longer end when compared to short 75/76 mm Allied guns
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Italy tank cannons|
|20 mm||Breda Mod.35 · Fucile Controcarri S Mod.39|
|25 mm||Oerlikon KBA B02|
|30 mm||Bushmaster 2 Mk.44|
|37 mm||Vickers-Terni 37/40 mod.18|
|47 mm||47/32 mod.35 · 47/32 mod.39 · 47/40 mod.38|
|60 mm||Cannone da 60/70 · OTO HVG|
|75 mm||75/18 mod.34 · 75/32 mod.37 · 75/34 mod.39 · Ansaldo 75 L/34 · OTO 75/43 mod.40|
|90 mm||90/53 mod.41 · Cannone da 90/50 M3A1 · Cockerill Mk.3|
|100 mm||Cannone da 100/17 Mod.1914|
|105 mm||Cannone Ansaldo da 105/25 · OTO Melara 105/52 · OTO Melara 105/55|
|106 mm||Cannone da 106 s.r.M40A1|
|120 mm||OTO Breda 120/44 · OTO Melara 120/45|
|37 mm||M6 (USA)|
|75 mm||KwK37 (Germany) · KwK40 L48 (Germany) · M3 (USA) · M6 (USA) · StuK40 L48 (Germany)|
|76 mm||M1 (USA) · QF 17-pounder (Britain)|
|90 mm||M3 (USA)|
|105 mm||L7A3 (Germany) · M68 (USA)|
|20 mm||Solothurn QF.36M|
|40 mm||37/42M · MÁVAG 41.M 40/51|
|75 mm||41.M · 43.M|
|105 mm||MÁVAG 40/43M|
|30 mm||2A72 (USSR) · MK 30-2/ABM (Germany)|
|120 mm||Rh120 L/44 (Germany)|
|122 mm||2A31 (USSR)|
|125 mm||2A46M (USSR)|