Destruction credit mechanics
|Writing in process...
This article is currently in a Work In Progress. Other participants are requested to not make any changes while this warning is here.
The biggest awards will be provided to the player that destroys the vehicle.
The priority of damage quantification is as follows: Fatal damage > new critical damage > new serious or simple damage > Expired critical damage
|If an aircraft or helicopter receives several types of damage and is then destroyed, the vehicle’s destruction will be counted for the player which did the most amount of priority damage.|
- The successful repair of an aircraft or helicopter will reset all active types of damage.
- If it’s the case where several players caused damage of equal priority, the vehicle’s destruction will be credited to the player who caused damage last.
Timer: none (destruction will be instantly counted).
Conditions: Damage types that are not compatible with the possibility of further flight - pilot death, fuel tanks exploding, detaching of the middle/inner section of the wing or tail.
A secondary award (support) will be given to all players who caused serious damage to the destroyed vehicle less than 30/60/80 seconds before its destruction (AB/RB/SB), or 90 seconds before they did the critical damage before it will be counted as destroyed.
- The tearing off of the tip of a wing will not be counted as fatal damage.
- In the RB and SB game modes, the tearing off of wings can be fatal if the total damage is large enough (if about half of the modules become faulty) and further repair is impossible.
Timer: New critical damage caused less than 90 seconds ago (after which it becomes expired critical damage).
Conditions: Any damages which significantly impairs the handling or performance of the aircraft - from rudder failure to fuselage damage.
|Some damage which fits the critical damage definition may have a delayed effect. For example, a damaged radiator will eventually cause the engine to overheat and later lead to complete failure, and after that, critical damage will be credited to the player which damaged the radiator. Fire can also cause critical or weaker damage.
Delayed critical damage has no timer and will be “assigned” to the damaged enemy until they are destroyed or the damage is repaired.
If the enemy which received critical damage is destroyed before the 90 second timer expires, the destruction will be counted to the player which did the most amount of fatal critical damage.
A secondary award (support) will be given to all players who caused critical or serious damage to the destroyed vehicle less than 30/60/80 seconds before its destruction (AB/RB/SB).
|When the 90 second timer expires, new critical damage becomes expired critical damage, and can be interrupted if the enemy is destroyed, for example by serious or even simple damage.
However, even if the timer has expired, but no one has interrupted the critical damage caused by serious or simple damage, the vehicle’s destruction will be credited to the player which caused the critical damage.
- Critical damage can be caused multiple times, and each instance of critical damage will restart the timer.
- A secondary award (support) will be given for all players who caused serious damage to the destroyed vehicle less than 30/60/80 seconds before its destruction (AB/RB/SB) or 90 seconds before they did critical damage but not less serious damage, before it will be counted as destroyed.
- Critical damage will be awarded with Silver Lions and Research Points regardless of the fate of the damaged enemy.
- Messages regarding critical damage will be marked red in the in-game interface and recorded to the battle log.
Timer: 12 seconds AB / 15 seconds RB and SB (resetting after that).
Conditions: perceptible damage to aircraft (including helicopters) components and modules which don’t impact the controllability of the aircraft (including helicopter) nor the performance characteristics.
If an enemy who has received serious damage is destroyed before the expiration of the timer, and they have not previously received any critical damage, the destruction will be credited to the player who caused the serious damage to the aircraft or helicopter.
- Is equal to the simple damage in priority when counting the destruction.
- Messages regarding serious damage will be marked in gray in the in-game interface and recorded to the battle log.
Timer: 12 seconds AB / 15 seconds RB and SB.
Conditions: Any other hits which are not listed above. Destruction of the vehicle will be credited to the player in cases where the enemy vehicle crashes before the timer expires and only when the vehicle doesn’t have any active critical or serious damage.
- Lesser priority than critical or serious damage.
Priorities taken into account while giving a unit destroyed credit in the ground forces mode:
Lethal damage > Critical damage > Active fire > Serious damage > Normal damage
- If there are several active types of damage present on the vehicle - the first priority damage awards a “ground unit destroyed” award, and the remainder receive an assist if the damage inflicted by them occurs 30 seconds before its destruction (with the exception of a critical hit).
- Tank repair does not repair ground vehicles completely - it only repairs until fighting capacity has been reached. Thus repair does not remove damage from vehicles as it does in aircraft mode.
Like in Aviation scuttling the vehicle will give the kill credit to last player who damaged the vehicle substantially.
- Lethal damage – vehicles completely knocked out of battle. when all necessary equipment for combat has been destroyed.
- Lethal damage is caused by fuel explosion or ammo racking or disabling all the crew. While inflicting lethal damage a player will instantly receive credit for the ground force unit being destroyed and all the rest of the players who inflicted damage to that vehicle for the previous 30 seconds will get an assist.
- Critical damage – disabling two of the crew members.
- Critical damage is displayed in the damage log and grants a separate silver lion and research point award and may be inflicted to the vehicle only once per battle.
- If a vehicle is wrecked or the player leaves it - then the player who inflicted critical damage will get the ground unit destruction award even if, at the time player was disengaged from the enemy vehicle and it was under attack from other players.
- This is the only damage type which gives an assist after the 30 second timer has completed.
- Active fire – works on the same principle as standard inflicted damage. While inflicting damage may cause any damage from normal to critical, which will be credited to the player who set the vehicle on fire. While the vehicle is in flames - it will give a higher priority to receive credit for unit destruction than serious or normal damage.
- Serious damage – disabling one of the important modules - cannon or engine.
- A player gains vehicle destruction from this damage only if the enemy vehicle has been wrecked or the player has ejected and when it does not have active critical damage or fire associated with it. This should be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Normal damage – any module damage given. Hits without penetration or damage inflicted do not count as effective hits and will not be counted as normal damage either.
- A player gains vehicle destruction from this damage only if the enemy vehicle has been wrecked or the player has jumped out and when it does not have active critical or serious damage or fire associated with it. This should be no longer than 12 seconds.