Bf 109 G-10
|This page is about the aircraft Bf 109 G-10. For other uses, see Bf 109 (Disambiguation)|
The Bf 109 G-10 is a Rank IV German fighter with a battle rating of 5.7 (AB) and 5.3 (RB/SB). It was in the game since the start of the Open Beta Test prior to Update 1.29.
Not very different from the Bf 109 F's and other Bf 109 G's , the G-10 can only be identified by paint scheme. Unfortunately the other camouflage (I./JG 27 ) can be mistaken for a Bf 109 G-6. But can be differed from a Bf-109 K-4. The G-10 does not have a retractable landing gear in the rear while the K-4 does (all Bf 109's except for the K-4 have non-retractable rear landing gears.)
| Max Speed
(km/h at 7,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 7,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 390||< 390||< 470||> 250|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|6,800 m||1,265 hp||1,569 hp|
Survivability and armour
- 60 mm Bulletproof glass in front and rear of cockpit
- 4-8 mm Steel plates on pilot seat
- 10 mm Steel plates around pilot's head
- 21 mm Steel plate on rear of fuel tank, with 4 mm plates surrounding it on other sides
The Bf 109 G-10 is armed with:
- A choice between a 20 mm MG 151 or a 30 mm MK 108:
- 1 x 20 mm MG 151 cannon (200 rpg = 200 total)
- 1 x 30 mm MK 108 cannon (65 rpg = 65 total)
- 2 x 13 mm MG 131 machine guns (300 rpg = 600 total)
The two machine guns are in the upper part of the fuselage just in front of the cockpit. The 20 or 30 mm cannon is mounted to fire through the propeller shaft and out the propeller hub.
The Bf 109 G-10 can be outfitted with external ordinance such as:
- Without load
- 1 x 250 kg SC250JA bomb
- 2 x 30 mm MK 108 cannon, wing-mounted (35 rpg = 70 total)
- 2 x 20 mm MG 151 cannon, wing-mounted (135 rpg = 270 total)
Usage in the battles
The Bf 109 G-10 is a 109 that does not change very much. It fits in between the: Bf 109 G-14 and K-4. One of the best tactics, is to use your decent climb rate to get above most of the enemy team. This could be American fighters, however Spitfires will most likely out climb you. The best tactic to attack enemies below is to Boom and Zoom, if they turn, pull up immediately as you could risk getting shot. Another good tactic would be to fly over an enemy and bait them to climb up. When they do this fly away to gain some distance and do a large circle around them. It is crucial you keep your distance as you will die if you're too close. After a couple of seconds the enemy aircraft will stall, take this opportunity to kill him. It is important to avoid using this manoeuver with spitfires as they will climb right up to you and obliterate you before they stall. If a Spitfire is above you and tries to Boom and Zoom you, do a split S to avoid him, if he follows pull back the throttle and wait for his zoom climb to stab him in the back, but it will most likely rip the wings or enter a G-force induced loss of consciousness (G-LOC).
Manual Engine Control
|Controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not ontrollable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair, Radiator||Offensive 13 mm, ETC 500/IXb I|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 13 mm MGs, MK 108 Cannons|
|III||Wing Repair, Engine||Offensive 20 mm, Offensive 30 mm, R6 Modification|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 20 mm Cannon, New 30 mm Cannon, R5 Modification|
- It is recommended to go for the performance upgrades as they will benefit you more than if you chose the weaponry options, gunpods should not be put on the Bf 109 G-10 as they hinder the performance during energy fighting.
Pros and cons
- Excellent acceleration
- Excellent climb rate, even stock
- Can WEP for 5 minutes non-stop until it reaches ~100°C (212°F)
- WEP fuel load is close to engine fuel load
- Engine cools down very quickly at 0% throttle
- Good dive characteristics
- High terminal speeds during a dive possible (~850 kmph TAS)
- Great dive acceleration
- Can out-dive almost any aircraft in its tier
- Can pull High-G maneuvers
- Armament is interchangeable between a heavy 30 mm Mk 108 and a lighter 20 mm Mg 151 with more ammunition
- Poor sustained turn radius.
- Tends to be out-climbed/outrun by post-war aircraft.
- Ammunition can run out really quickly for the Mk 108's.
- Flight performance drastically decreases with under-wing gondola pods.
- Requires skill to play efficiently.
- Can face F8F Bearcats and Griffon Spitfires, which can be superior in certain situations.
The Bf 109 G-10 was a variant of the already successful Bf 109 series. The G-10 was the a combination of a Bf 109 G airframe with a DB605 D-2 Engine, the aircraft was built in the factories of Erla, WNF, and Messerschmit Resgenburg factories. Even though being called a G-10, the aircraft was in production after the G-14, the sole purpose was to produce a fighter better than the G-14 until the K-4 could take its place.
- G-10 (Light fighter with DB605DM or DB/DC engine)
- G-10/R2 (Reconnaissance fighter)
- G-10/R6 (Bad-weather fighter with PKS 12 autopilot)
- G-10/U4 (As G-10 but with 30 mm/1.18 in MK 108 Motorkanone engine cannon)
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Heinkel||He 51 A-1 · He 51 B-1 · He 51 B-2 /Hydroplane · He 51 C-1 · He 51 C-1 /Late|
|He 112 V-5 · He 112 A-0 · He 112 B-0 · He 112 B-1/U2 · He 112 B-2/U2|
|He 100 D-1|
|Messerschmitt||Flegel's Bf 109 A · Bf 109 B-1 Late|
|Bf 109 E-1 · Bf 109 E-3 · Bf 109 E-4 · Bf 109 E-7/U2|
|Bf 109 F-1 · Bf 109 F-2 · Bf 109 F-4 · Bf 109 F-4/trop|
|Bf 109 G-2/trop · Bf 109 G-2 · Bf 109 G-6 · Bf 109 G-10 · Bf 109 G-14 · Bf 109 K-4|
|Focke-Wulf||Fw 190 A-1 · Fw 190 A-4 · Fw 190 A-5 · Fw 190 A-5/U12 · Fw 190 A-5/U2 · Fw 190 A-8 · Fw 190 C · Fw 190 F-8 · Fw 190 D-9 · Fw 190 D-12 · Fw 190 D-13|
|Ta 152 H-1 · Ta 152 C-3|
|Fiat||▀CR.42 Falco · ▀Marcolin's C.R.42 CN · ▀G.50 Freccia serie 2 · ▀G.50 Freccia AS serie 7|
|Macchi||▀C.200 Saetta serie 3 · ▀C.200 Saetta serie 7 · ▀C.202 Folgore|
|Trophies||▀P-47D Thunderbolt · ▀Tempest Mk V · ▀Yak-1B · ▀La-5FN|