|This page is about the medium tank T-34-85 (Sweden). For other versions, see T-34 (Family).|
The ▄T-34-85 is a rank IV Swedish medium tank with a battle rating of 5.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "Fire and Ice".
Survivability and armour
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull||45 mm (60°) Front glacis
45 mm (60°) Lower glacis
75 mm (60°) Driver's hatch
65 mm (30°) Machine gun port
|45 mm (39-40°) Top
45 mm Bottom
|45 mm (47-49°) Top
45 mm (46°) Bottom
|Turret||90 mm (1-69°) Turret front
90 + 40 mm (8-61°) Gun mantlet
|75 mm (19-22°) Front 2/3rd
52 mm (13-19°) Rear 1/3rd
|52 mm (9°)||20 mm|
|Cupola||90 mm||90 mm||90 mm||20 mm|
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forwards and backwards.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
The T-34-85 is equipped with the fantastic ZiS-S-53 cannon, with penetrates about 145 mm on the close range with the stock BR-365K round. This might not be enough to fight Tiger IIs frontally, but it works perfectly with other tanks, which are less armoured or you can engage them from the side.
The gun depression is like on many other Soviet vehicles quite poor, with only 5° there are no hull-down manoeuvres possible.
|85 mm ZIS-S-53||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|60||57 (+3)||55 (+5)||54 (+6)||48 (+12)||43 (+17)||37 (+23)|
|31 (+29)||25 (+35)||19 (+41)||17 (+43)||1 (+59)||No|
- Shells are modeled individually and disappear after having been shot or loaded.
- Rack 11 is a first stage ammo rack. It totals 16 shells and gets filled first when loading up the tank.
- This rack is also emptied early: the rack depletion order at full capacity is: 11 - 1 - 2 - etc. until 10.
- If you pack 17 (+43) shells, it will keep the hull empty of ammo.
- Simply not firing when the gun is loaded will move ammo from racks 1 to 10 into rack 11. Firing will interrupt the restocking of the ready racks.
|7.62 mm DT|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Great mobility: 56 km/h max speed allows it to relocate itself easily
- Nice cannon with adequate penetration, awesome damage and good reload speed
- Has a wide range of shells to choose from: free BR-365K, destructive BR-365A, and piercing BR-365P
- Fast turret traverse, dealing with multiple targets is less dangerous
- Large fuel tanks next to the engine can protect it by absorbing some shells
- Sloped hull armour and gun mantlet might bounce some shells with luck
- Armour was not upgraded from older T-34, severely lowering protection against powerful tanks like Panther D
- Closely packed crew of 5 tend to be taken out by a single shot
- -5° gun depression hinders its capacity in hilly terrains
- -7 km/h reverse speed is slow, can sometimes get the player killed
- Maximum 3.5x gunsight zoom is inferior to some tanks (eg. Tiger E, M36, Nashorn) in ranged engagement
- Enlarged turret makes it easier to get spotted & hit
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
- Other T-34-85 variants
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Sweden medium tanks|
|Strv m/42||Lago I · Strv m/42 EH · Ikv 73 · Strv m/42 DT|
|Centurion derivatives||Strv 81 · Strv 81 (RB 52) · Strv 101 · Strv 104 · Strv 105|
|Strv 103||Strv 103-0 · Strv 103A · Strv 103С|
|Strv 121/122||Strv 121 · Strv 122A · Strv 122B PLSS|
|Other||T 80 U|
|WWII||▄T-28 · ▄T-34 · ▄Pz.IV · ▄T-34-85|
|Post War||▄Comet I · ▄Charioteer Mk VII · ▄T-54 · ▄T-55M · ▄T-72M1 · ▄Leopard 2A4 · ▄Leopard 2A6|