The Stridsvagn m/38 is a rank I Swedish light tank with a battle rating of 1.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury".
Survivability and armour
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull||13 mm (58°) Upper Glacis
13 mm (45°) Lower Glacis
13 mm (30°-31°) Upper Hull Front
13 mm (19°-26°) Driver's Station
|13 mm||9 mm Upper
13 mm Lower
5 mm Middle to Rear
|Turret||13 mm Turret front
15 mm Gun mantlet
|13 mm||13 mm||5 mm|
|Cupola||13 mm||13 mm||13 mm||5 mm|
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|37 mm kan m/38||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|3,7 cm slpprj m/49||APDS||105||103||97||89||82||75|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|3,7 cm slpprj m/49||APDS||1,150||0.71||N/A||N/A||N/A||75°||78°||80°|
|100||81 (+19)||71 (+29)||61 (+39)||51 (+49)||41 (+59)||34 (+66)||28 (+72)||21 (+79)||14 (+86)||8 (+92)||1 (+99)||no|
The Strv m/38 is armed with a 8 mm ksp m36 machine gun, useful for hitting lightly armoured AA vehicles.
|8 mm ksp m/36|
| Rate of fire
Usage in battles
The Strv m/38 is a fast and maneuverable light tank with excellent firepower. As its light tank designation implies, the armor cannot be relied upon to stop enemy fire, being too weak to stop even .50cal rounds. It has access to APDS, allowing it to punch through tough opponents, although it is almost impossible to find enemies that cannot be stopped by your APBC shells.
Pros and cons
- Has access to a high-penetrating APDS shell with an amazing 105mm penetration and high velocity
- Effective in uptiers against heavy targets like B1 and Valentine
- Quick reload rate of 4.1 seconds
- Good -10 degrees gun depression means that it can adapt different terrains well
- Has a small size compared to other reserve tanks
- Effective mobility - max speed of 51 km/h
- Can be a great "God Mode" grinder thanks to its APDS
- APDS round has no explosive filler, so multiple shots will be needed to finish off an enemy
- Has a slow reverse speed (-6 km/h) that may put the player at risk
- Armor is inadequate to resist any shells
- 5 mm roof armour can be penetrated by common aircraft such as ones with 12.7 mm M2, and He 112 A-0
The Landsverk L-60 was a Swedish tank developed in 1934, and included several advanced design features such as torsion bar suspension, periscopes rather than view slits and all-welded construction. The Strv m/38 was the earliest variant of the L-60 accepted into Swedish service, with 15 ordered in 1937 and delivered in 1939. Unlike other exported variants of the L-60, the m/38 did not see combat use due to Swedish neutrality during the Second World War.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Sweden light tanks|
|Strv m/31 · Strv m/38 · Strv m/39 · Strv m/39 TD · Strv m/40L · Strv m/41 S-II|
|CV 90105 TML · CV 90120 · Ikv 91 · Strv 74 · Strf 9040C · Strf 9040 BILL|