20 km/h back91 km/h forward
18 km/h backSpeed
The AML-90 is a rank IV French light tank with a battle rating of 6.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.95 "Northern Wind".
Survivability and armour
The tank is not very armored, with only 10 mm of armor for the hull, for the turret the armor varies according to the inclination but is between 14 mm and 28 mm. With such paper thin armor, there is a good chance of suffering a hull break and instantly knocking out the tank in one shot. The driver is centered at the hull and the commander, who is also the tank's loader, is located to the right of the turret and the gunner to the left. The engine is at the rear and the ammunition is located in the rear of the turret and in the center / rear of the hull.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|90 mm DEFA F1||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|OE 90 F1||HE||13||13||13||13||13||13|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|OE 90 F1||HE||640||10.45||0.1||0.5||945||79°||80°||81°|
|Smoke shell characteristics|
| Screen radius
| Screen deploy time
| Screen hold time
| Explosive Mass|
(TNT equivalent) (g)
Last updated: 184.108.40.206
|20||16 (+4)||11 (+9)||7 (+13)||1 (+19)||No|
- Shells are modeled individually and disappear after having been shot or loaded.
- Racks 3 and 4 are first stage ammo racks. They total 10 shells and get filled first when loading up the tank.
- These racks are also emptied early: the rack depletion order at full capacity is: 3 - 4 - 1 - 2.
- Simply not firing when the gun is loaded will move ammunition from rack 1 then 2 into ready rack 4 then 3. Firing will interrupt the restocking of the ready racks.
|7.5 mm MAC 31|
| Rate of fire
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire||Airstrike|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||OFUM PH90-F2||Smoke grenade|
|IV||Transmission||Engine||Artillery Support||Improved optics|
Pros and cons
- Very small size makes it easy to get around and avoid shots.
- 320 mm penetrating HEAT-FS ammo should be able to take care of any expected enemies
- Has access to smoke grenades and smoke shells that will allow it to move around unseen
- Has a roof mounted 7.5 mm that can be good to shoot planes and open top vehicles
- Armor is thin enough to not fuze some high caliber APHE, most notably from Soviet cannons
- Has hullbreak
- Only has 3 crew, a single shot will most likely knock it out
- Only 10-12mm frontal armour, can get penned by .50 cals and other small calibre weapons
- Very low ammo count of 20 shells
- Terrible brakes, you will take 20 meters to stop
- Wheeled vehicle mobility, it's not easy to climb hills
- Taking smoke shells means having to take less HEAT-FS on the already small ammo storage
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|France light tanks|
|AMD.35 · FCM.36 · R.35 (SA38) · Char 25t · AML-90|
|AMC||AMC.34 YR · AMC.35 (ACG.1)|
|AMX||AMX-10RC · AMX-13 · AMX-13 (FL11) · AMX-13-90 · AMX-13 (HOT) · AMX-13 (SS.11) · AMX-13-M24|
|Hotchkiss||H.35 · H.39 · H.39 "Cambronne"|
|Foreign||▄Crusader Mk.II · ▄M3A3 Stuart|