|This page is about the French jet fighter M.D.452 IIC. For the other version, see M.D.452 IIA.|
The M.D.452 Mystere IIC pre-production is a Rank V French jet fighter with a battle rating of 9.0 (AB/RB/SB). This aircraft was introduced in Update 1.77 "Advancing Storm".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Max Speed (km/h at Sea level)|| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at Sea level)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
Survivability and armour
- 40 mm Bulletproof glass in front of the pilot
- 13.5 mm Steel plate around the bottom of the cockpit, front and rear
- 13.5 mm Steel plate behind the pilot
The M.D.452 IIC is armed with:
- 2 x 30 mm DEFA 541 cannons, nose-mounted (150 RPG) = 300 total)
The two cannons are arranged in the belly portion of the fuselage exiting the aircraft just before the pilot's location. Each is armed with the same amount of ammunition, which means that both guns will fire with each other until empty.
The M.D.452 IIC utilize external pylons to carry various configurations of:
- 2 x 500 lb AN-M64A1 bombs
- 2 x 1,000 lb AN-M65A1 Fin M129 bombs
- 38 x SNEB Type 23 rockets
Usage in battles
The M.D.452 IIC offers better ordinance than it's an earlier in-game variant, the IIA. This makes it more effective in Tank RB and allows use as a fighter-bomber in Air RB. It is generally more manoeuvrable than most other 9.0 aircraft it faces, the only ones you would have a tough time turning with at this BR would be any of the Sabres. Since its roll rate is comparable to the Sabre's once the "New Boosters" modification is installed, it opens up the playing field a bit more.
Pros and cons
- Excellent armament of 2 x 30 mm DEFA cannons (higher muzzle velocity and RoF than the ADEN cannon)
- High roll rate, matches the Sabre's roll rate with "New boosters" modification installed
- Descent climb rate
- Effective energy retention
- Payloads can include bombs or rockets
- Slow compared to other contemporary aircraft
- Fragile; a few hits of enemy fire will make controlling the aircraft more difficult
- Low ammo amount; ammo trigger discipline is required
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Dewoitine||D.371 · D.371 H.S.9 · D.373 · D.500 · D.501 · Pallier's D.510 · D.520|
|Morane-Saulnier||M.S.405C1 · M.S.406C1 · M.S.410|
|Twin-engine||Potez 630 · Potez 631 · S.O.8000 Narval|
|American||H-75A-1 · H-75A-4 · ▄F6F-5 Hellcat · ▄F6F-5N · ▄P-63C-5 Kingcobra · F4U-7 Corsair · ▄F8F-1B Bearcat · ▄F-86K|
|Other countries||▄Yak-3 · Challe's ▄Yak-9T · NC.900|