The Luftvärnsrobotbandvagn 701 is a rank VI Swedish SPAA with a battle rating of 9.3 (AB) and 9.7 (RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury".
Survivability and armour
Frontal armour on the Lvrbv 701 consists of 20 to 25 mm of rolled homogeneous armour. Ideally, this can provide 28 to 30 mm of effective protection which should stop most low calibre machine gun fire, as well as .50 cal machine guns.
Side armour on the Lvrbv 701 consists of 10 mm rolled homogeneous armour which, due to its limited angles, only affords protection against low calibre machine guns.
The turret has no armour whatsoever.
The crew of 4 consists of a driver, gunner, loader and commander all positioned closely together in the front half of the vehicle.
Overall, protection on the Lvrbv 701 isn't spectacular and with a compact crew placement, including an exposed gunner, a simple burst of machine-gun fire from a .50 cal or larger fired at the sides or top can leave you knocked out. Its low profile and compact size does, however, work in your favour and lets you hide from most other ground vehicles and any aircraft/helicopters that haven't spotted you launching a missile.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|Rbs 70 missile||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Mode||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal||Stabilizer||Stock||Upgraded||Full||Expert||Aced||Stock||Full||Expert||Aced|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|RB 70 Mk.2||SAM||200||200||200||200||200||200|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass|
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|RB 70 Mk.2||SAM||580||7,000||17.00||N/A||0.1||3,930|
|6||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- RB 70 Mk.2 missiles have 200 mm of penetration which can be useful against light ground targets
- Small vehicle profile allows you to hide behind cover effectively
- Unarmoured turret can help in reducing the visibility of the vehicle behind cover
- Smoke grenades can help when getting strafed by aircraft
- Upgraded RB 70 Mk.2 missiles are only a Tier II modification
- No secondary armament
- No search radar, only a tracking radar meaning you have to manually find targets
- Relatively sluggish turret rotation speed makes acquiring fast low flying targets difficult
- Only 200° total (±100°) of missile launcher rotation
- Max elevation of 35° makes tracking high altitude targets pretty much impossible
- Average mobility with very slow reverse speed
- Unarmoured turret leaves the gunner very vulnerable to knockouts
- Very high repair cost
In 1983, the Swedish military gave a contract to Hägglunds and Söner to convert Ikv 102 and Ikv 103 vehicles into Lvrbv 701 surface-to-air missile carriers. The Ikv 102 and Ikv 103, infantry support vehicles mounting a 105 mm gun, had become obsolete in the past few years. At the same time, the same companies were contracted to convert Ikv 102 and Ikv 103 vehicles into Pvrbv 551 anti-tank missile carriers. The hull of the Ikv 102/Ikv 103 was plated over, in order to extend the crew compartment the full length of the vehicle. The engine was replaced by a Ford V-6 engine. The armament consisted of a RBS 70 surface-to-air missile launcher in the center of the hull, which was raised up through a circular opening in the roof of the vehicle - covered by a two piece hatch - in order to fire the weapon.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Sweden anti-aircraft vehicles|
|Lvrbv 701 · Lvkv 42 · Lvkv 9040C · Lvtdgb m/40|
|L-62 ANTI II · Pvlvv fm/42 · VEAK 40 · ASRAD-R|