The BT-7 TD is a gift rank I Soviet light tank with a battle rating of 1.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced during Update "Hot Tracks" as reward for watching Enlisted streams on Twitch.tv. The BT-7 TD is identical to the BT-7 in every way except for the exclusive camouflage. This camouflage is similar to the one found on T-26 (1st Gv.T.Br.).
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull||___ mm|| ___ mm Top
___ mm Bottom
|___ mm||___ - ___ mm|
|Turret|| ___ - ___ mm Turret front
___ mm Gun mantlet
|___ - ___ mm||___ - ___ mm||___ - ___ mm|
|Cupola||___ mm||___ mm||___ mm||___ mm|
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forwards and backwards.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|45 mm 20-K||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|188||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
|7.62 mm DT|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Deadly firepower at its BR: high penetration of up to 70 mm, with the 29 g TNT it can frontally one-shot most tanks like Pz.II, Chi-Ha or M3 Stuart; its firepower is effective even in high tier battles, if aiming at the right spot
- One of the fastest tanks in the game, great acceleration and overall mobility makes it a nice point-capper, flanker and climber - can outrun the commonly seen M3 Stuart on road
- 3-4 second reload time is quick enough to destroy opponents it cannot one-shot, like Pz.IV C and LVT(A) series
- Adequate reverse speed of -10 km/h allows it to quickly retreat from danger when there is no time to turn around
- Small and low profile allows it to easily hide behind cover or bushes
- Winter camouflage comes as the standard camouflage, excellent on winter maps but may cause some issues in other climates
- Poor survivability: non-existent armour on all sides plus the closely packed crew makes it vulnerable to autocannons (Pz.II, Flakpanzer I), heavy MG (M13 MGMC) and even solid shells
- Turret and hull traverse is rather slow, meaning it may not be able to keep track of fast targets- this is also a disadvantage in a close quarters duel, as other light tanks like M3 can turn way faster
- Although fast, it is still slower than the Sd.Kfz.234 series on road.
- Gun depression of only -6 degrees (worse than previous BT-5) means it cannot effectively fight in hills
- Fuel tanks and ammo are scattered inside and are prone to detonation upon being hit
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|USSR light tanks|
|T-26||T-26 · T-26 (1st Gv.T.Br.) · T-26E · T-26-4|
|BT||BT-5 · RBT-5 · BT-7 · BT-7 TD · BT-7 (F-32)|
|BMP||BMP-1 · BMP-2 · BMP-2M · BMP-3|
|Other||T-50 · T-60 · T-70 · T-80 · T-126|
|BA-11 · PT-76B · Object 685 · Object 906|