The B-10B is a premium Rank I American bomber with a battle rating of 1.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.67 "Assault".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 2,438 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 2,438 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 200||< 270||< 290||> 307|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|2,200 m||760 hp||No WEP|
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the aircraft. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured, etc. Describe the armour, if there is any, and also mention the vulnerability of other critical aircraft systems.
The B-10B is able to be equipped with:
- 6 x 250 lb AN-M57 bombs
- 2 x 500 lb AN-M64A1 bombs
- 2 x 1000 lb AN-M65A1 bombs
- 1 x 2000 lb AN-M66A2 bomb
The B-10B is defended with:
- 1 x 7.62 mm Browning machine gun, nose turret (600 rpg )
- 1 x 7.62 mm Browning machine gun, beam turret (600 rpg)
- 1 x 7.62 mm Browning machine gun, ventral turret (600 rpg)
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in an aircraft, the features of using vehicles in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Manual Engine Control
|Controllable||Controllable||Controllable||Controllable||Separate||Not ontrollable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Turret 7.62 mm belts||SBC-17|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 7.62 mm MGs (turret)|
Being a premium aircraft, it has all its modules researched by default.
Pros and cons
- Very similar play style to the B-18 Bolo. The dorsal and frontal turrets seemed to have swapped places, meaning turret in front and nest in back.
- The bombload is more than capable of leveling bases and vehicle formations. A single 2000 lb bomb can net you 850+ points in a match from a good run.
- The frontal gunner, while only having a .30 cal, can be used as a manual weapon if you keep the front of the plane on an enemies tail.
- Although being a premium, it is a less well known plane, leading to some confusion on the plane.Can be very helpful in battles.
- Despite its pre-war design, it easily handles damage and fires can dealt with easily.
- While having limited fire arcs on the rear turrets, they are well protected and regularly surprise enemies that don't know they're there.
- Like with all American bombers, it is a large target. An altitude advantage can help alleviate some problems with enemy fighters.
- Despite the high speed, it can easily be caught up to by more advanced Rank I aircraft, such as the Soviet Yakolev and Lavochkin aircraft.
- Unlike its younger brother, the B-18, the B-10s rear gunners have a slightly restricted field of view, giving a sort of blind spot to the gunners.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Dive||SB2U-2 · SB2U-3 · SBD-3 Dauntless · SB2C-1c Helldiver · SB2C-4 Helldiver|
|Torpedo||TBD-1 Devastator · PBY-5 Catalina · PBY-5a Catalina · TBF-1C Avenger · BTD-1 Destroyer|
|Medium||B-10B · B-18A · B-34 · PV-2D Harpoon · B-25J-1 Mitchell · B-25J-20 Mitchell · A-26C-45 Invader · A-26C-45DT|
|Heavy||B-17E Flying Fortress · B-17E Flying Fortress /Late · B-17G-60-VE Flying Fortress · PB4Y-2 Privateer · B-24D-25-CO Liberator · B-29A-BN Superfortress|