25 km/h back64 km/h forward
23 km/h backSpeed
|This page is about the French self-propelled anti-aircraft vehicle AMX-30 DCA. For other uses, see AMX-30 (Family).|
The AMX-30 DCA is a rank V French self-propelled anti-aircraft vehicle with a battle rating of 8.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.75 "La Résistance".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
The armament consists of 2x30mm HSS 831A cannons with 300 RPG with a quick, fixed fire rate and can make use of 3 types of munitions :
- High-explosive incendiary (self-destroying, note that the self-destruction range coincides with the radar's lead indicator maximum distance, making the shell inadequate at longer ranges)
- Armour-piercing incendiary tracer, which can be used against lightly armoured vehicles and enemy SPAAs, though the damage to enemy aircraft is reduced, the shell can be used outside radar range since it does not self destruct.
- High-velocity armour-piercing tracer (APDS), which can be used against targets mentioned above and additionally, can be used to attack the side profile of enemy MBTs with reasonable effectiveness.
|30 mm HSS 831A (x2)||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Mode||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal||Stabilizer||Stock||Upgraded||Full||Expert||Aced||Stock||Full||Expert||Aced|
- Default: ·
- 30x170 HE-I-T: · · ·
- 30x170 APHE-I: · · ·
- 30x170 APDS-T: · · ·
|Belt||Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|2||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
The AMX-30 DCA is equipped with a DR-VC-1A search radar and an Albis tracking radar. The radar is located at the rear of the turret and cannot be folded. The radar system is capable of tracking a target while scanning, but can only track targets within a 200° arc from the front of the turret.
|DR-VC-1A - Target Detection Radar|
|15,000 m||1,000 m||360°||???||15 m/s (54 km/h)|
|Albis - Target Tracking Radar|
|15,000 m||75 m||±100°||-20°/+85°||15 m/s (54 km/h)|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|I||Tracks||Parts||Horizontal Drive||30x170 HE-I-T|
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire||30x170 APHE-I|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||Smoke grenade|
|IV||Transmission||Engine||ESS||Artillery Support||Laser rangefinder||30x170 APDS-T|
Pros and cons
- Fast rate of fire, generally 50-100 RPM higher compared to other 30-35 mm gun SPAA
- The placement of the three crew members makes taking out the whole crew next to impossible with one shot
- Hull front of AMX-30 can sometimes block or deflect APHE
- Very fast considering its hull armour level, unlike the Chieftain Marksman
- Double or even triple the amount of ammunition, when compared to other 30-35 mm gun SPAA
- Has radar, unlike some SPAA like the Falcon
- Can only take out light and sometimes medium tanks due to the small size of its guns
- Lightly armoured turret, with ammunition being very vulnerable to direct attacks
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|France anti-aircraft vehicles|