25 km/h back64 km/h forward
23 km/h backSpeed
The AMX-30 ACRA is a Rank VI French tank destroyer with a battle rating of 8.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.93 "Shark Attack".
In the 1960s, a proposal was made to mount a 142 mm gun system firing the ACRA (Anti-Char Rapide Autopropulsé), English: Anti-Tank Rapid Self-guided Missile. A single prototype was finished in 1967 with a unique cast turret built around the gun, but due to the unreasonably high cost of the missiles, the project was scrapped. However, in War Thunder, it is a formidable tank to play with play styles similar to the M60A2.
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
The gun is mounted on the well-proven AMX-30 chassis, providing adequate mobility slightly slower than the Leopard 1.
The AMX-30 ACRA mount as we saw before a 142mm laser guided gun, capable of launching ACRA missile and High Explosive round. It can carry 36 rounds, 16 in the turret and 20 in the hull, next to the driver, so you have the possibility to get a higher survivability from hull shots by removing these 20 rounds. The gun reload is 15.6 seconds with a level 1 crew and can be upgraded to 12 seconds with a max crew.
The ACRA missile is pretty fast so the tank become very usefull on large map and at this battle rating nothing will resist to your missile. Be careful when shooting on side of enemy tank, tracks will absorb a lot of the shell like when you shoot a HEAT round. Little tip, before firing, remember that the missile is like a HEAT, don't try to go trough wall, fence or big bushes / trees.
Another good point with the gun is that you don't need to stop the tank to fire. However, the missile is guided with a laser mounted with the gun, which is not stabilized. This means your missiles will bounce up and down as you guide them if you are moving. This also means you cannot fire over obstacles like you can with wire guided missiles, as the laser needs constant line-of-sight to the back of the missile.
Offensive and anti-aircraft machine guns not only allow you to fight some aircraft but also are effective against lightly armoured vehicles. Evaluate machine guns and give recommendations on its use.
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- The maximum speed of this tank's ATGM eclipses even the TOW's - if ACRA fires first and enemy tank does not use cover, then it is next to impossible to just dodge it
- Can fire ATGM on the move
- Mobility is equal to most medium tanks of other factions
- Decent survivability with 4 crew members
- Can use HE shells, if necessary
- Unlike M60A2, does not have heavy frontal armour nor adequate side hull armour, so most medium tanks will penetrate it in single shot and it will not scare away light tanks
- Gun scope is not stabilized, bumps on a road if firing on the move may ruin the ATGM guidance in realistic game modes (in AB it is less of a problem and can be automatically compensated with aim assist)
- No access to kinetic-energy AP shell
- While ACRA ATGM is unquestionable the one of the fastest missiles available, but this also means that guiding it into targets over a hill at close to medium range is next to impossible, requiring the user to use HE or to move around the map a lot
- No heavy secondary weapons like with the light tanks or secondary launchers like with specialized ATGM tanks
- Reload is around twice as long as most tanks of this battle rating, so it is recommended to retreat into cover for the duration of your reload after firing
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
|France medium tanks|
|D2 · S.35 · Lorraine 40t · Leclerc|
|AMX||AMX M4 · AMX-32 · AMX-40 · AMX-50|
|AMX-30||AMX-30 · AMX-30 (1972) · AMX-30B2 · AMX-30B2 BRENUS · AMX-30 ACRA · AMX-30 Super|
|Based on M4||▄M4A1 · M4A1 (FL10) · ▄M4A3 (105) · ▄M4A4 · M4A4 (SA50)|
|Foreign||Panther «Dauphine» (Germany)|