In update 184.108.40.206, the original game sound files have been changed. Download the repository, to update your sound mod for War Thunder!
|Be careful! Sound modifications, if not executed perfectly, are capable of leading to problems operating the game and may even harm your health!
Any individual that creates custom sound modifications, modifies the game’s audio files, or makes use of sound modification files created by any other person, does so at their own risk, and we (Gaijin) will take no responsibility for their, or anyone else’s, use of those modifications.
How to implement sound modifications
Visit the sound modifications section on War Thunder LIVE
- Choose and download your chosen modification files, (make sure you trust the source before doing so).
- Open the game’s config.blk, which is located in the War Thunder game folder, by using any text editor and add the line: enable_mod:b=yes to the sound block, pictured below.
- Save the changes made to the file.
- Find the “sound” folder located in the War Thunder game folder, and within it, create a new folder named “mod”.
- Extract the modification files to the newly created ‘mod’ folder.
War Thunder will now use the new modified sounds.
Note: If the modifications have not been created or implemented correctly, the game may exhibit errors!
How to rollback sound modification changes
If the game becomes unstable following the implementation of a sound modification, or you decide you don’t like the result of the modification, you can rollback the changes. To do this, just change the line “enable_mod:b=yes” to “enable_mod:b=no” in the config.blk or just delete this line entirely.
Following these steps, War Thunder will start using the standard sound effects once again.
Don’t forget to then delete the ‘mod’ folder containing the modification from the “sounds” folder.
How to create sound modifications
The creation of custom sound modifications is possible with the Fmod Studio (you will need to register on the relevant page and download the software).
- Download or clone the sound project from the official repository.
- Open the sound project in the current version of Fmod Studio.
- The current version of the Fmod Studio for War Thunder can be found on the sound project page on Github in the readme file.
- Make changes to the sound events without changing the names of the files, the location of the files, or the structure/hierarchy of the folder.
- Assemble the data banks where change events are located without amending the names of the data banks or the composition of events in them.
Check your saved project before sharing it with other players!