6 km/h back35 km/h forward
5 km/h backSpeed
In the description, the first part needs to be about the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle, as well as its key features. In the second part, tell the reader about the ground vehicle in the game. Insert the screenshot of the vehicle. If the novice player does not remember the vehicle by name, they will immediately understand what kind of vehicle it is talking about.
Survivability and armour
Like many low-BR tanks, it is frontally pennable by .50cal machine guns found on most American tanks, as well as the French P.7T AA and the Russian GAZ (4M) DshK. Every low tier cannon except the French 37mm SA18 L/21 has no trouble penetrating you anywhere.
The Pz.III B has average to below-average mobility for low tier with 35kph top speed, and useable but not great reverse speed of 5.5kph. Power/Weight Ratio is 20.8hp/ton in Arcade, but only 15.62 in RB/SB, which is average to below-average.
The Pz.III B is the first vehicle in the German ground tree armed with the 37 mm KwK 36. This gun has two ammo types, PzGr. APHE with 46 mm penetration at point blank range against flat armour, and the PzGr.40 with 91 mm penetration at point blank range against flat armour.
The PzGr. APHE fires at 745 m/s and has a 13 g PETN explosive mass with a TNT equivalent of 22 g. With 46mm pen, it is sufficient to harm most things it comes across, but is best used in side shots.
The PzGr.40 APCR fires at 1020 m/s and pens 91 mm.
This vehicle has two coaxial 7.92mm MG34 machine guns, which helps with very common flak trucks and such that you encounter at low tiers.
Usage in the battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
This tank is more or less average in most respects. American and Russian reserves best it in speed. British reserves have similar speed, worse reverse, much better guns, better gun depression, and similar armor. French reserves have worse guns but nearly double the frontal armor. Japanese reserves have better speed, nearly identical guns, and much better gun depression. Italian reserves are slower, have slower fire rates, and have much better armor.
Pros and cons
Summarize and briefly evaluate the vehicle in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark its pros and cons in a bulleted list. Do not use more than 6 points for each of the characteristics. Avoid using categorical definitions such as "bad", "good" and the like - they have a substitution in the form of softer "inadequate", "effective".
- Decent top speed of 35kph
- Reasonable acceleration to achieve top speed
- Gun works well enough against most things you encounter, though side shots are preferable.
- Has high-penetration APCR to deal with more irritating opponents frontally
- Easily incapacitated by .50cal machine guns common at the tier, even frontally
- Only stock shell has useful postpen damage, but it can barely kill M3 Stuarts frontally ever since 1.85's ammo standardization
- APCR postpen damage is generally terrible, yet tank has to rely on this a lot of the time for frontal pens
- slow turret traverse like many early German tanks of only 5.1 degrees/sec
- Requires APCR to pen even the side of the fairly common French B1 bis.
- Roof armor thin enough to be penned by .50cal machine guns
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.