7 х 100 kg No.1Setup 2
7 х 100 kg No.1Setup 4
The F.222.2 is a Rank I French bomber with a battle rating of 1.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.73 "Vive la France".
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,400 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,400 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- No armour plating
- No armour glazing
- Huge aircraft, slow and large target
The F.222.2 can be outfitted with the following ordinance:
- 52 x 50 kg G.A.M.Mn 50 bombs (total = 2,600 kg)
- 7 x 100 kg №.1 bombs + 5 x 200 kg №.1 bombs (total = 1,700 kg)
- 4 x 500 kg №.2 bombs (total = 2,000 kg)
- 7 x 100 kg №.1 bombs + 10 x 200 kg №.1 bombs (total = 2,700 kg)
The F.222.2 is armed with:
- 1 x 7.5 mm MAC 1934 machine gun, nose turret (1,000 rpg = 1,000 total)
- 1 x 7.5 mm MAC 1934 machine gun, dorsal turret (720 rpg = 720 total)
- 1 x 7.5 mm MAC 1934 machine gun, ventral turret (720 rpg = 720 total)
Usage in the battles
The F.222.2 is a heavy hitting bomber with okay maneuverability at low altitude and low air speed, and can carry a staggering 52x50 kg bombs. Combined with its frequent presence in Ground Strike matches with only light vehicles, it will make short work of any (or even all) groups of armored cars and SPAA it crosses paths with, and can demolish an opposing team's entire complement of AAA and artillery in short order. Additionally, the ability to carry larger bomb loads later in its upgrade tree turns it into an exceptionally capable base killer, often time wiping out bases solo without sacrificing its heavy-hitting power against armored columns. With some skill (and an escort from friendly fighters), the F.222.2 can wipe out an entire column of medium tank AI targets in a single pass, with enough firepower left over to seriously cripple another column.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable|| Controllable
|Controllable||Not controllable||Combined||Controllable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Offensive 7 mm|
|III||Wings Repair||Engine||New 7 mm MGs (turret)||500 GPs|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||200 GPs S5|
Pros and cons
- Impressive bomb load.
- Different bomb options make this bomber very versatile.
- Fuselage can absorb a lot of damage
- Once at altitude, it can be very hard to reach for reserve planes.
- Incredibly slow and very heavy.
- Engines are very vulnerable to enemy weapons.
- Slow speed, heavy weight, and no takeoff flaps makes taking off from the airfield on some maps when fully loaded very difficult.
- High repair cost for a rank 1 bomber.
- Long take off distance.
- Vulnerable to fast climbing, well armed aircraft like the Mig 3.
- Armament seems a little underwhelming for such a large aircraft.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
- War Thunder News - 5047 - Farman F.222.2 Big! Heavy! Yours!
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Farman||F.222.2 · N.C.223.3|
|Liore et Olivier||LeO 451 early · LeO 451 late|
|Bloch||M.B.174A-3 · M.B.162 · M.B.175T|
|American||V-156-F · Martin 167-A3 · ▄A-35B · ▄SB2C-5 Helldiver · ▄PB4Y-2 Privateer|