Strv m/39 TD
The Stridsvagn m/39 TD is a gift rank I Swedish light tank with a battle rating of 1.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced during Update "Starfighters" as a reward for watching War Thunder streams on Twitch.tv along with a unique skin for the vehicle.
This vehicle shouldn't be confused as a tank destroyer (TD) by its designation, TD in this case stands for Twitch Drop.
Survivability and armour
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull||13 mm (58°) Upper glacis
13 mm (45°) Lower glacis
13 mm (30°) Upper plate
13 mm + 35 mm Driver's cupola
|13 mm||13 mm (33°) Lower
9 + 15 mm (14°) Upper
|Turret||13 mm + 35 mm (14°) Turret front
13 mm + 35 mm (9°-72°) Gun mantlet
|13 mm||13 mm||5- 8 mm|
|Cupola||13 mm||13 mm||13 mm||5 mm|
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|Arcade||0||0||0||220||0||Division by zero.||Division by zero.|
|0||0||126||0||Division by zero.||Division by zero.|
Modifications and economy
|37 mm kan m/38||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|3,7 cm slpprj m/49||APDS||105||103||97||89||82||75|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|3,7 cm slpprj m/49||APDS||1,150||0.71||N/A||N/A||N/A||75°||78°||80°|
|100||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
|8 mm ksp m/36|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Still effective in up-tiers, since it has access to a high-penetrating APDS shell with an amazing 105 mm penetration and high velocity
- Amazing -15 degrees gun depression means that it can adapt different terrains very well
- Fast reload, up to 3.1 seconds with an ACE crew.
- Decent turret armor, offering up to 35mm at the front and with sloping for increased protection.
- Fast top speed up to 45 km/h
- Is a small target
- Only 3 crew members
- Armor is inadequate to resist high-penetrating shells, for example a Pz.II can penetrate it frontally
- Slow turret traverse speed with 11.2°/s
- Very average reverse speed of -7 km/h
- 5-8 mm roof armour can be penetrated by common aircraft such as ones with 12.7mm M2, and He-112 A0
- Purple stripes may be eye-catching, decreasing its concealment
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Sweden light tanks|
|Strv m/31 · Strv m/38 · Strv m/39 · Strv m/39 TD · Strv m/40L · Strv m/41 S-I · Strv m/41 S-II|
|CV 90105 TML · CV 90120 · Ikv 91 · Ikv 91-105 · Strv 74 · Strf 9040C · Strf 9040 BILL · U-SH 405|