Strv 122B PLSS
|This page is about the Swedish medium tank Strv 122B PLSS. For other versions, see Leopard 2 (Family).|
The Stridsvagn 122B PLSS is a rank VII Swedish medium tank with a battle rating of 11.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "New Power".
Survivability and armour
The Strv 122B carries on all the good armour from the previous 122A model, but gains a 20 mm steel plate on the LFP and underbelly, as well as having a remodelled hull ammunition rack. The plate helps stop ricocheting shells, and can be a layer of defence against explosive and chemical penetration rounds. The new hull ammunition rack is wider but has an overall lower height - meaning that shells entering the LFP and passing through the bottom of the tank's interior may now pass under the shells without hitting the racks.
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull||___ mm|| ___ mm Top
___ mm Bottom
|___ mm||___ - ___ mm|
|Turret|| ___ - ___ mm Turret front
___ mm Gun mantlet
|___ - ___ mm||___ - ___ mm||___ - ___ mm|
|Cupola||___ mm||___ mm||___ mm||___ mm|
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|120 mm kan Strv 122||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|42||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
|7.62 mm ksp 94|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- The same great protection of the Strv 122A, with an addition of an LFP/belly armour plate!
- The Saab Panoramic, Low-Silhouette Sight (PLSS) commander CITV allows the user to spot enemies from fully turret-down positions, exposing only the sight while hiding the turret and hull
- The added armour doesn't affect mobility, meaning the 122B is just as agile as the previous 122A
- One of the best armoured Western tanks - the combination of roof armour, UFP armour, and good mobility means the 122B is a very potent breakthrough tank
- Fits the all-round playstyle very well, working both as a sniper and a brawler
- Only has access to DM33 at best; meaning you aren't on par with allies and enemies penetration-wise
- The PLSS CITV sticks out, and can be a potential death trap if enemies fire HE shells, such as the Russian 3OF26, at it
- While the hull ammunition storage is better laid out than on the 122A, carrying more than 15+1 shells is still a big risk to take
- The NERA on the upper glacis and turret cheeks can be shot off easily, meaning that protection decreases as you take damage, potentially leaving you very vulnerable when it has fallen off
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Sweden medium tanks|
|Lago I · Strv m/42 EH · Strv m/42 DT · Ikv 73 · Strv 81 · Strv 81 (RB 52)|
|Strv 101 · Strv 103-0 · Strv 103A · Strv 103С · Strv 104 · Strv 121 · Strv 122A · Strv 122B PLSS|