The Stridsvagn 101 is a rank V Swedish medium tank with a battle rating of 7.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury". This tank was a licensed model of British Centurion main battle tank.
Survivability and armour
The Strv 101 has the same armour layout as the Centurion Mk 10. Weakpoints are the same, that includes the lower frontal plate and some areas on the turret. The armour can bounce and stop some shells, but shouldn't be relied upon, particularly against HEATFS and APDS shells. The tank also comes with 6 mm thick sideskirts which can occasionally prematurely detonate incoming HEAT shells. The armour plate above the engine is very thin, and can be penetrated by most aircraft cannons and some machine guns.
- Rolled homogeneous armour (Hull)
- Cast homogeneous armour (Turret)
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull|| 51 + 76.2 mm (57°) Upper front plate
76.2 mm (45°) Lower front plate
|50.8 mm (12°)|| 32 mm (7°) Upper
19 mm (62°) Lower
|7 - 29 mm|
|Turret|| 50 - 152 mm
152 mm Mantlet
|89 mm||89 mm||29 - 50.8 mm|
|Cupola||152 mm||90 - 152 mm||90 mm||29 mm|
- Suspension wheels and tracks are 20 mm thick.
- Sideskirts are 6 mm thick.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|105 mm kan Strv 101||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|Smoke shell characteristics|
| Screen radius
| Screen deploy time
| Screen hold time
| Explosive Mass|
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|70||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
|8 mm ksp m/39B|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- High-penetrating gun with access to APDS and HESH shots
- Good gun depression and elevation angles (-10/+20), giving it great terrain adaptation
- Upper glacis and gun mantlet can resist most full-calibre AP shells (eg. T-44-100)
- Good mobility options with neutral steering and sufficient reverse speed
- Reasonably fast reload speed
- Smoke grenades can cover up the player when there is danger
- Lower glacis is still a prominent weak spot
- Mediocre top speed and acceleration
- No access to HEAT-FS, unlike other nations' L7 guns
- Engine armour is weak from the top, can be damaged aircraft guns
- Small internal compartment (only 4 crew members) with ammunition scattered all over
- Very slow vertical targeting speed
- Armour becomes weak in an uptier against early APFSDS and HEATFS (eg. T-69 IIG, T-55AM)
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Sweden medium tanks|
|Lago I · Strv m/42 EH · Strv m/42 DT · Ikv 73 · Strv 81 · Strv 81 (RB 52)|
|Strv 101 · Strv 103-0 · Strv 103A · Strv 103С · Strv 104 · Strv 121 · Strv 122A · Strv 122B PLSS|