The Ka-29 is a rank VI Soviet attack helicopter with a battle rating of 9.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury".
Describe how the helicopter behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 1,000 m)
| Max altitude|
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the helicopter. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured, etc. Describe the armour, if there is any, and also mention the vulnerability of other critical systems.
Modifications and economy
The Ka-29 is armed with:
- A choice between two presets:
- 1 x 7.62 mm GShG-7.62 machine gun (2,000 rpg)
- 1 x 30 mm 2A42 cannon (200 rpg) + 1 x 7.62 mm GShG-7.62 machine gun (2,000 rpg)
(ammunition: 1 000 rounds)
(ammunition: 500 rounds)
The Ka-29 can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- Without load
- 80 x S-8KO rockets
- 4 x 23 mm GSh-23-2 cannons (250 rpg = 1,000 total)
- 8 x 9M114 Shturm missiles
- 2 x 23 mm GSh-23-2 cannons (250 rpg = 500 total) + 40 x S-8KO rockets
- 8 x 9M114 Shturm missiles + 40 x S-8KO rockets
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in a helicopter, the features of using the helicopter in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Surprisingly nimble for its tubby looks
- Small profile
- Can use the lethal 9M114 Shturm ATGMs alongside rockets and gunpods for use against ground targets
- Minigun is rifle-calibre, useless against heavy armour
- No air-to-air missiles, vulnerable versus other aircraft and helicopters
- Lacks thermal vision, can only use basic infrared image intensifiers
- Low ammo count for cannons, can run out of ammo very quickly
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the helicopter in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the helicopter;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
|Kamov Design Bureau|
|Kamov||Ka-29 · Ka-50 · Ka-52|
|Mil||Mi-4AV · Mi-24A · ▂Mi-24D · Mi-24P · Mi-24V · Mi-28N · Mi-35M|