|This page is about the Swedish utility helicopter HKP9A (FC). For the other version, see HKP9A.|
The HKP9A (FC) is a rank VI Swedish utility helicopter with a battle rating of 9.7 (AB/RB) and 10.0 (SB). It was introduced in Update "Wind of Change".
Describe how the helicopter behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 0 m - at sea level)
| Max altitude|
Survivability and armour
There is no armour protection on this vehicle.
Modifications and economy
1 x 12.7 mm FN M3P machine gun (ammunition: 400 rounds)
The HKP9A (FC) can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- 4 x RB 55C Heli TOW missiles
- 2 x RB 55C Heli TOW missiles + 1 x 12.7 mm FN M3P machine gun (400 rpg)
- 2 x 12.7 mm FN M3P machine guns (400 rpg = 800 total)
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in a helicopter, the features of using the helicopter in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Great agility - one of the most maneuverable helicopters in the game
- Small profile
- Access to Thermal Imaging
- Great stock performance - comes with full missile payload stock
- Countermeasure-resistant missiles
- Access to RWR
- Weak powerplant - slow climb and top speed
- Small missile payload
- Poor survivability
- Lacklustre air-to-air protection - only has access to optional 12.7 mm machine guns
- Missiles require manual guidance
- Small firing window - helicopter must be pointed at the target to guide effectively
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the helicopter in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Utility||BO 105 CB-2 · BO 105 PAH-1 · BO 105 PAH-1A1|
|Export||HKP9A · HKP9A (FC)|
|*This company is a conglomeration of several post-war aviation companies which focused on building helicopters.|
|BO 105||HKP9A · HKP9A (FC)|