The HKP2 is a rank V Swedish utility helicopter with a battle rating of 8.7 (AB/SB) and 8.3 (RB). It was introduced in Update "Wind of Change".
Describe how the helicopter behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 0 m - at sea level)
| Max altitude|
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the helicopter. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured, etc. Describe the armour, if there is any, and also mention the vulnerability of other critical systems.
Modifications and economy
The HKP2 can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- 4 x RB 52 A missiles
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in a helicopter, the features of using the helicopter in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Can mount 4 ATGMs that are fairly decent for the BR
- Can land on water and land with its pontoons, which also makes it unique from other Alouette variants
- Small profile, makes for a harder target to hit
- Agile enough to dodge some autocannon fire or the occasional ATGM fired by ground vehicles
- No MGs, cannons, or rockets - limited to the 4 x ATGM loadout
- Low engine power, and the engine is not very responsive
- Fragile airframe which will not resist much more than glancing hits from MG caliber rounds
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the helicopter in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Utility||SA 313B Alouette II · SA 316B Alouette III · SA.341F Gazelle · SA.342M Gazelle|
|Export||◄SA 313B Alouette II · HKP2 · SA.342L Gazelle|
|BO 105||HKP9A · HKP9A (FC)|