53 km/h back77 km/h forward
48 km/h backSpeed
The Combat Vehicle 90120 is a rank VII Swedish light tank with a battle rating of 10.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury".
Survivability and armour
The CV 90120 combines the Combat Vehicle 90's chassis with a new turret with a 120 mm CTG cannon. As a result, armour is barely present and can only withstand heavy machine gun from the front. Even autocannons can penetrate its turret and 12.7 mm machine guns can cut clean through its side armour. There is also a chance you will hull break even if no critical modules are damaged, so be aware, your main goal should be to not receive any enemy fire.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|120 mm CTG||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|40||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
Optics and night vision
|CV 90120 Optics|
|Type of optic||Magnification||Night Vision Devices|
|Gunner's Sight||X3.0 - X10.5||-||-||-||1200 x 800||Thermal imager unlocked by "NVD" modification (tier 3)|
|Commander's View||X6||-||-||-||1200 x 800||Thermal imager unlocked by "NVD" modification (tier 3)|
|Driver's View||X1||1200 x 800||7.0||High||Not Fitted||Image intensifier unlocked by "NVD" modification (tier 3)|
|12.7 mm ksp 88|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
As discussed in the armour section, you have minimal armour meant to withstand small arms fire and indirect shrapnel. Your playstyle should involve sitting back and maintaining overwatch of a specific area of the battlefield. Stay far away from the heat of close quarters combat as enemy tanks will have a harder time finding and killing you. With the slpprj m/95 round, you can penetrate any vehicle in the game from the front at any range (excluding areas such as the Leopard 2A5's turret cheeks). The stock DM33 round is, although powerful, somewhat lacklustre compared to m/95, but holds its own against tanks at its BR. You will just have to play more passively and know how to hit weak spots at longer ranges. Use your mobility to flank on large maps such as Maginot Line and (if you have them researched) use your powerful thermal optics to acquire and destroy a target. If the enemy is looking at you and you are too close, reposition and try to make them lose focus on you. By playing more passively and smarter than you would a normal MBT, you can make the most of this vehicle.
With an aced reload of 5 seconds, it shares the fastest top tier reload with the Type 90 and the aced 105 mm Abrams, beating the Leclerc and any other tank's aced crew. This means that if you get the first shot off, and either their return shot misses or you destroy their cannon, then you can do wonders with the CV90120. It packs an INSANE amount of firepower for a light tank, dishing out 625 mm of pen every five seconds, and can by itself cripple distracted players.
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire||Airstrike||slsgr m/95|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||Improved optics||NVD|
|IV||Transmission||Engine||Smoke grenade||Artillery Support||slpprj m/95|
Pros and cons
- Excellent gun and reload, with access to the slpprj m/95 round, which shares identical stats to the Italian CL3143
- Adequate mobility enabling you to get to an early game position and quickly change positions if spotted or injured
- The weak armour may reduce the amount of spalling caused by being hit by enemy shells
- Access to scouting and "Airstrike" ability (reduced spawn cost for friendlies destroying enemy tanks you scouted)
- Non-existent armour, can be penetrated by heavy machine guns on the side and autocannons in the front
- No top machine gun for anti-helicopter and aircraft defence
- Susceptible to hull break, ANY chemical charge such as HEAT or ATGM will almost certainly destroy the hull in a single hit
- The slpprj m/95 round is a tier IV modification and will take some time to get access to it
- Difficult to hide due to tall profile, with the "doorknob" optic on the roof of the turret
The CV90120 is a 2010's era vehicle developed as a private venture by BAe Hagglunds as an export vehicle, coupling the Combat Vehicle 90 chassis with a 120mm cannon and assisted loading.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Sweden light tanks|
|Strv m/31 · Strv m/38 · Strv m/39 · Strv m/39 TD · Strv m/40L · Strv m/41 S-II|
|CV 90105 TML · CV 90120 · Ikv 91 · Strv 74 · Strf 9040C · Strf 9056|