7 km/h back49 km/h forward
7 km/h backSpeed
The Semovente 75/34 M43 is a rank III Italian tank destroyer with a battle rating of 3.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.85 "Supersonic".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat?
If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|75 mm Ansaldo 75 L/34||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Granata Perforante 75/32||APCBC||79||78||71||64||58||52|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|Granata Perforante 75/32||APCBC||637||6.35||1.2||14||270||48°||63°||71°|
Last updated: 220.127.116.11
|45||31 (+14)||16 (+29)||1 (+44)||No|
- Shells are modeled individually and disappear after having been shot or loaded.
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|I||Tracks||Parts||Horizontal Drive||EPS M42|
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||Smoke grenade|
Pros and cons
- Effective frontal armour and all-around protection
- Small frontal profile makes the tank easy to conceal and difficult to hit
- Decent mobility and good hull traverse
- Has access to HEAT rounds
- Armour becomes much less effective when uptiered against stronger vehicles
- As a casemate tank destroyer, the Semovente is extremely vulnerable to flanks
- A cramped interior and only 3 crew lessens survivability
- Inadequate gun for its tier
After the Italian surrender in 1943, the Germans restarted Semovente (self-propelled gun) production in occupied Italy. Twenty-nine of the Semovente 105/25s they produced were built with the 75/34 gun in place of their original 105mm howitzer. These saw service with German forces in southern Europe.
- Vehicles equipped with the same chassis
- Vehicles equipped with the same gun
- Other vehicles of similar configuration and role
|Italy tank destroyers|
|M41||75/18 M41 · 75/32 M41 · 90/53 M41M|
|M43||105/25 M43 · M43 "G.C.Leoncello" · 75/34 M43 · 75/46 M43|
|Other||L3/33 CC · 47/32 L40|
|Post-War||Centauro · Centauro ROMOR · Centauro MGS|
|America||▄M18 · M36B1 · M113A1 (TOW)|