Zuni Mk32 Mod 0 ATAP
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Compile a list of air, ground, or naval vehicles that feature this weapon system in the game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Vehicles equipped with this weapon|
|F-1||T-2 Early · F-1 · T-2|
|F-4||F-4C Phantom II · F-4E Phantom II · F-4EJ Phantom II · F-4EJ ADTW · F-4EJ Kai Phantom II · ◄F-4F Early · ◄F-4F · F-4J Phantom II · F-4S Phantom II · Kurnass · Kurnass 2000|
|F-5||F-5A · ␗F-5A · F-5C · F-5E · ␗F-5E|
|F-8||F8U-2 · F-8E|
|F-104||▄F-104G · F-104S · F-104S.ASA · ▄F-104S TAF|
|G.91||G.91 Y · G.91 YS|
|Kfir||Kfir C.2 · Kfir C.7|
|A-4||A-4B · A-4E Early · A-4E Early (M) · A-4E · A-4H · Ayit|
|AV-8||AV-8A · AV-8C|
There are 4 rockets per pod.
|Maximum speed||726 m/s|
|Explosive mass||8.91 kg TNTeq|
- 457 mm HEAT penetration
- ~33 m fragmentation radius against aircraft
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of rockets that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Zuni Mk32s are truly an anti-everything tool, just like the S-24 air-to-ground rocket albeit with a much better reliability penetrating hard targets due to its HEAT warhead. However, Zuni loadouts tend to be rather heavy in War Thunder, so it is not recommended to be used for air-to-air combat.
Pros and cons
- 457 mm HEAT penetration allows it to penetrate many MBTs from the front
- 8.91 kg equivalent TNT allows for non-direct hits to significantly damage light targets
- Air-burst fuse availability allows for irregular use in air-to-air combat
- Aircraft tend to carry a lot of Zunis to the point you can spam them at range
- Aircraft with this weapon typically have CCIP allowing for long range launching
- Rockets are rather slow to accelerate
- Pods are rather heavy and have immense drag; carrying too many Zunis cripples aircraft performance
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.