8 km/h back34 km/h forward
8 km/h backSpeed
The ZiS-43 is a rank III Soviet self-propelled anti-aircraft vehicle with a battle rating of 4.0 (AB/RB/SB). This SPAAG was introduced in Update 1.65. A 37 mm cannon placed in an anti-aircraft turret on a ZiS-42M half-track chassis, the ZIS-43 was a prototype built in November 1942 which underwent testing but never entered production.
Survivability and armour
- Structural Steel
- Rolled homogeneous armour
|Hull||10 mm||10 mm||10 mm||10 mm|
|Gun Shield||15 mm||10 mm||N/A||N/A|
- Due to the vehicle hurried construction, it is mostly a patchwork of 10mm steel plates welded onto the underlying chassis.
- The turret crew have their heads visible from the front and sides. They are fully exposed in the rear and above.
|Weight (tons)||Add-on Armor
|Max speed (km/h)|
|Engine power (horsepower)|
|Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|61-K (37 mm)|
|Capacity (Belt capacity each)||Fire rate
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
Usage in the battles
Despite the vehicle potent armament, it is not built for direct front-line combat. It is poorly armored, tall, slow and unstable. If necessary, it is possible to penetrate most vehicles sides or rear but sticking to anti aircraft duty will yield the best results. Do not stay in spawn however, most planes will attack your teammates busy fighting instead of you.
Pros and cons
- 37mm is deadly to anything it penetrate, planes or tanks.
- Most vehicles can be engaged at close range if needed.
- Low armor means APHE won't always fuze.
- Most light machine guns will struggle to penetrate.
- Fairly high penetration (70mm)
- Full turret rotation
- Cabin does not hinder penetration unlike other half tracks.
- Very tall for spaa
- Slow fire rate allows planes to fly between shots.
- High recoil causes the entire chassis to wobble, making continuous fire extremely inaccurate.
- Extremely vulnerable to 12.7mm machine guns.
- Slow turret traverse.
- Needs to advance in order to turn.
- Armor protection is not sufficient to stop aircraft fire.
- Vulnerable to artillery strikes.
- Hull break is present.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.