|This page is about the aircraft VB.10C-1. For other uses, see VB.10 (Disambiguation)|
The VB.10C-1 is a Rank IV French twin-engine strike fighter with a battle rating of 3.7 (AB/SB) and 4.0 (RB). It was introduced in Update 1.73 "Vive la France".
| Max Speed
(km/h at 7,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 7,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- 50 mm Bulletproof glass in front and rear of the cockpit.
The VB.10C-1 is armed with:
- 4 x 20 mm Hispano 404 cannons (150 rpg = 600 total)
The four cannons are arranged in bundles of two mounted in each wing. Each is armed with the same amount of ammunition, which means that all guns will fire with each other until empty.
Usage in battles
As a heavy fighter, it is most important to side climb as most enemies will outclimb it. The best tactic is BnR, as it's great acceleration can allow you to make fast attacks against unsuspecting enemy fighters. The best tactic is to have squad mates drain an enemy of his energy and move in for an easy kill. The aircraft's acceleration combined with the top speed makes it hard to stay on an enemy's tail for long as you will likely overshoot.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable|| Controllable
|Controllable||Not controllable||Combined||Controllable||Not controllable|
|III||Wings Repair||Engine||Offensive 20 mm|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 20 mm Cannons|
Pros and cons
- Very fast at medium to low altitudes
- Average climb rate (Inferior to German/Italian counterparts at its BR)
- Decent ammo count
- Good turn rate(can manoeuvre with Bf-109s)
- Brutal acceleration in a dive
- Good horizontal energy retention
- Good cockpit visibility(Important for SB players
- Awful vertical turner
- Rudder is unresponsive at high speeds
- Very heavy feeling in the air
- Stock belts are unimpressive
- Stock guns are inaccurate
- Similar to Do-335, guns can be difficult to align at high speeds
- Bad roll rate is made even worse with unresponsive rudder
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on aircraft;
- other literature.
|France twin-engine fighters and attackers|
|Twin-engine fighters||Potez 630 · Potez 631 · VB.10C-1 · VB.10-02|
|Attackers||Br.693AB2 · ▄AD-4 Skyraider|