Anyone know where to find/calculate normalisation & ricochet stats?
Yes I have all the answers you seek(PM me). Although for aircraft guns those stats are basically worthless since you're firing hundreds of rounds so even if 90% of your rounds bounce you're still dealing significant damage.--blastedryan (talk) 18:16, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
Firefox and Magach 3
- What version of Firefox are you using? I am using 67.0 (64-bit) and am not having any issues. There have been known issues in the past where Firefox does break something while Chrome and IE display it correctly. If this continues we can pass up the issue to the Wiki developers and they can look into what might be the issue (usually a minor code fix takes care of the problem). Let us know if you see it here or on any other pages again utilising the specific characters. AN_TRN_26 (talk) 12:17, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
- I'm also on 67.0 (64-bit). It's quite sporadic and seems to have stopped happening on the wiki, but directly searching up the symbol "U+F059" (or any of the other private-use characters) in Google breaks the results page that follows. I believe all the other nation symbols are fine since the characters that they're mapped from unicode symbols that are actively supported by Firefox. Although as I'm writing this the symbol now seems to work elsewhere as well, so I guess I'll consider the issue resolved for now until it pops up again... DnaGonite (talk) 12:50, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
NR-30 (30 mm) Update
- Was the change from Type 30-1 (30 mm) to NR-30 (30 mm) in the last update? Wiki stat card under Russian MiG-19 is listed as Type 30-1 (30 mm) while the German version is the NR-30 (30 mm). Should there maybe be two pages (not sure if same gun just different names or if they are two separate gun types). I hesitate to approve the redirect until this is clarified. I don't have access to the game to see if this info reflects on the ingame stat cards or if they are showing something different than the wiki stat cards. AN_TRN_26 (talk) 14:47, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- The game still uses "Type 30-1 (30 mm)", but I added the redirect because the NR-30 (30 mm) page talks about the Type 30-1 (though very briefly), and they appear to have exactly the same characteristics and parameters (RoF, muzzle velocity, available belts and composition, etc), so I believe they are the same gun but under different names. However, this has not been officially endorsed/contradicted yet.
- Ok, for now, I think it will be best to leave them as two separate pages (that way if someone is searching specifically for the "Type 30-1" it will come up. Easiest thing will probably be to put an "About template" at the top of the page much like the family/disambiguation pages that way it will identify that they are different pages, but similar if not identical guns (other than the name). AN_TRN_26 (talk) 15:06, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
I've seen the list of NVD you applied to that night vision page, is it 100% accurate? Planning to go and check all the ammunition lists due to APHE change (as well as others), might as well add optic tables everywhere, but going to apply the expanded table where it is applicable, for the base information filling was going to use the list. Although, if you somehow also have resolution numbers somewhere that'd be amazing to use. --bangerland (talk) 13:41, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- I believe the list is correct, but there may be a couple of inaccuracies and I am currently unable to check any of the vehicles. I will endeavour to correct any mistakes as soon as I find them though. As for resolution numbers, User:Flame2512 might be able to help you with that, otherwise I'll see what I can do in the next week or so. -DnaGonite (talk) 15:11, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- I don't really fancy manually checking 150 + vehicles at the moment, and writing a program to do it would be a bit tricky (possible, but I'd need to sit down for quite a while and work it out). This image from Reddit should be mostly accurate for resolutions. All tanks and most helicopters have High noise NVDs, a few (top tier) helicopters have medium noise ones. Here's a list of tanks with IR search lights, all searchlights are range 1,400 m beam angle 8.2; with the exception of the chieftains, which are 1,500 m beam angle 15.3; and the panther 2 which is 600 m, beam angle 9.6. Hopefully that's enough info to get you started.--Flame2512 (talk) 20:11, 18 October 2019 (UTC)