Difference between revisions of "Update "Raining Fire""
(→14.09.2020 (126.96.36.199): Vehicle Links)
|Line 646:||Line 646:|
* All aircraft torpedoes now have info shown about the explosive type and weight. These parameters are used to calculate the damage that they inflict (similar to other types of aviation armament and naval torpedoes) rather than the previously used simplified damage value.
* All aircraft torpedoes now have info shown about the explosive type and weight. These parameters are used to calculate the damage that they inflict (similar to other types of aviation armament and naval torpedoes) rather than the previously used simplified damage value.
Revision as of 10:54, 10 November 2020
|Though the update numbering has been dropped since Update "Starfighters", the game version is still present in-game to indicate the update as 1.101|
- 1 New vehicles
- 2 New locations and missions
- 3 Location and mission updates
- 4 Enduring Confrontation
- 5 Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 6 Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 7 Flight model changes
- 8 Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 9 Economy and research
- 10 Customization
- 11 Collections
- 12 Interface
- 13 Game mechanics
- 14 Graphics
- 15 Sound
- 16 Matchmaking
- 17 Smaller updates that came afterwards
- 17.1 03.09.2020 (Server update)
- 17.2 09.09.2020 (188.8.131.52)
- 17.3 11.09.2020 (184.108.40.206)
- 17.4 14.09.2020 (220.127.116.11)
- 17.5 16.09.2020 (18.104.22.168)
- 17.6 17.09.2020 (22.214.171.124)
- 17.7 22.09.2020 (126.96.36.199)
- 17.8 23.09.2020 (188.8.131.52)
- 17.9 28.09.2020 (Server update)
- 17.10 30.09.2020 (184.108.40.206)
- 17.11 07.10.2020 (Economy)
- 17.12 14.10.2020 (220.127.116.11)
- 17.13 20.10.2020 (18.104.22.168)
- 17.14 22.10.2020 (BR changes)
- 17.15 10.11.2020 (22.214.171.124)
- P-47D-22 RE
- YP-38 (pack). The aircraft will be available as a part of the "Pacific Campaign USA" pack in the store. The XP-38G will no longer be available for purchase and will remain only for its current owners.
- B6N (all modifications) (cockpit)
- Bf 110 G-4 (premium)
- SOMUA SM (pack)
New locations and missions
- Naval missions for the location "Aleutian Islands".
- New aircraft location "winter Mozdok" has been added.
- New historical aircraft missions:
- Mozdok. Winter 1943
- Moscow. 42nd kilometer
- Moscow. Naro-Fominsk
- Moscow. Serpukhov
Location and mission updates
- Some fixes have been made to the "Moscow" aircraft location - missing rivers on the southern part of the map have been added.
- The map of the aircraft location for "Moscow" has been redesigned for better readability. Now it has less settlement names but they should read normally.
Changes in the historical aircraft missions:
- Ladoga - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
- Khalkhin Gol - Changes from the general list.
- Korsun - Changes from the general list.
- Krymsk - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
- Kursk - Changes from the general list.
- Mozdok - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
- Normandy - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
List of general changes:
- Base models for bombing have been changed to the correct ones, their functionality is now similar to "Enduring Confrontation" mode. After destruction, bases may respawn randomly in certain positions, designed for every mission.
- Airfields have been removed from the target list, they can not be destroyed now.
- Airfield models and their location towards the centre of locations have been standardised. In low-tier battles they are located 12 kilometres from the location's centre; mid-tier - 20 kilometres; high-tier - 26 kilometres. Previously, all tiers had airfields located 20 km away from the location’s centre.
- The size of an airfield now depends on the battle’s rank.
- Mid-tier missions now have stage airfields, located 12 km away from the location’s centre.
- In the Enduring Confrontation mode in the "English Channel" location, a 4th sea port has been added for each side. The total number of sea ports in the mission is now 8.
- Aircraft that are in the air will no longer be counted in capturing the sea ports.
- New Naval Enduring Confrontation in the "Denmark" location has been added. 4 seaports for each side which is 8 in total and the size of the battlefield is 86x86 km.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Anti-aircraft machine guns have been added for the following German vehicles:
- Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J, Brummbär - "Ostketten" chassis modification has been added.
- "Winterketten" chassis modification has been added for the following vehicles:
- The LWS (radar warning system) modification has been added to the following vehicles:
- Resistance values of damage from HEAT and AP shells have been updated and clarified for the following vehicles:
- T92 — Clarifications in the location of ammunition modules have been made.The amount of ammunition has been changed from 60 to 59. Source: R.P. Hunnicutt, (2015) Sheridan: A History of the American Light Tank, Volume 2.
- Begleitpanzer 57 - The reload mechanics have been reworked similar to Strf 9040C. Crew number has been reduced from five to three members. Source: Thyssen-Henschel and Bofors brochure
- ZBD86 - The model version has been specified. The BMP-1P Modification has been changed on the ATGM featuring the HJ-73E modification. The default ATGM has been changed to the HJ-73.
- VK4501 P, Pz.Bef.Wg.VI P - The gun mantlet and turret armour has been switched to volumetric armour.
- M60A1, M60A1 RISE - Gun mantlet armour has been switched to volumetric armour.
- IS-2 (1944), IS-2 (1944) China - Gun mantlet armour , upper frontal and lower frontal armour parts have been switched to volumetric armour.
- OTOMATIC - "Hull destruction" functionality has been added for the turret.
- The speed limit on the operation of the vertical stabilizer has been changed from 15 to 24 km/h for the following vehicles:
- M4A4 (China)
- M4A4 (1st PTG)
- M4A1 (76) W
- M4A2 (76) W
- M4A3 (76) W
- M4A3E2 (76) W
- Cobra King
- M4A2 (USSR)
- Sherman II
- M4A3 (76) W (Japan)
- M4A1 (France)
- M4A4 (France)
- M4A3E2 (France)
- M4 Hybrid (Italy)
- M4A4 (Italy)
- M4 748 (a) (Germany)
- M24 (TL)
- M24 (Japan)
- Source: AD 65653 Tank Fire Control Systems Study, Philip I. Brown, Frankford Aresenal, 1955 // Ohio State Engineer, vol. 28, no. 4, March 1945 // KG-9-3, PROJECT REPORT, Gyrostabilizer, 90mm Gun, in Tanks, Sep 24 1945
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- F-4 (all modifications) — Semi-active radar homing air-to-air AIM-7 Sparrow missiles have been added.
- F-104S — Semi-active radar homing air-to-air AIM-7 Sparrow missiles have been added.
- MiG-21SMT — Semi-active radar homing air-to-air R-3R missiles have been added.
- Mirage IIIC — Semi-active radar homing air-to-air Matra R530 missiles have been added.
- Some U.S. Naval aircraft have been equipped with the Mk 13 Mod 0 sea mines:
Flight model changes
- Fw 190 (all modifications) — automatic tailplane positioning for landing mode has been enabled to facilitate three-point position. Flap angles have been specified, as well as their polarity in all positions. Combat flaps effectiveness has been increased. Extending landing gear changes the balance of the aircraft slightly making the tail lighter. Landing roll without brakes has been increased significantly, brake effectiveness has been increased, which may cause nose-over when landing on the main gear with brakes enabled. Aircraft controls in all control modes have been improved. WEP time has been limited to reference values.
- F-104 (all modifications) — combat flaps mode has been removed in accordance with the operation manual.
- VB.10C-1, VB.10-02 — flight model and engine model have been specified, engine power on 100% (take-off mode) has been increased. Supercharger has been converted to 1-speed with intake guide vanes (100% power and WEP mode are now constant to the altitude of about 6000 meters). Landing characteristics have been improved.
- A-4B — bug has been fixed with low roll rate. Roll rate is set to 270 degrees per second, according to the operation manual.
- He 100 D1 / J1N1 / G4M1 / He 112 (all modifications) / Bf 110 (all modifications) — flight model has been updated. Distribution of fuel between the tanks has been corrected. Wings, fuselage, tail and propeller blade polars have been recalculated and updated. Aircraft behavior has been corrected during extending the landing gear and flaps.
- F4U-1 (all modifications) — a bug has been fixed which periodically resulted in a sharp change in engine speed at overestimated values.
- Ta 152-H1 - Trimmable stabilizer automatically switches to landing position when the flaps are extended to facilitate three-point position. Flap angles have been specified, as well as their polarity in all positions. Extending landing gear changes the balance of the aircraft slightly making the tail lighter. Landing roll without brakes has been increased significantly, brake effectiveness has been increased, which may cause nose-over when landing on the main gear with brakes enabled. All thrusts to control surfaces have been replaced with tubular control, which makes control more precise in any flight mode. The operation of the propeller group at high altitudes has been significantly improved (operating modes of the GM-1 system). Heating of the engine at low flight speeds has been reduced due to the natural action of cooling the system with the oncoming air stream.
- I-225 - pitch controls at high speeds have been significantly improved. Extending landing gear changes the balance of the aircraft slightly making the tail lighter. Landing roll without brakes has been increased significantly, brake effectiveness has been increased, which may cause nose-over when landing on the main gear with brakes enabled. Upside-down flight time has been reduced.
- A laser detection system has been added for the following helicopters:
- The new "sea mines" weaponry type have been added to naval battles - in the first stage the, following vessels will receive them:
- AI-gunners for the non-utility non-automatic artillery, as well as artillery without AA rounds, cannot now shoot aerial targets.
- 283-mm Spgr. L/4.4 Kz HE shell (Admiral Graf Spee) now has the correct explosive damage.
- Albatros-Klasse (143) - 76mm OTO-Melara Compact gun ammo has been brought into compliance with the Italian version.
- IJN Ayanami - spare torpedoes have been added.
- 203-mm Contro-aerea shells (Trento) - weight, filling, and initial speed have been corrected.
- Designation of the italian torpedoes have been corrected:
- 450-mm Si 200 changed to W.200/450X5,75
- 450-mm SI 170 changed to S.I.170/450X5,25
- USS Cleveland - aiming speeds of the main calibre turrets have been corrected.
- Admiral Hipper - max turn angles of the torpedo launchers have been fixed.
- Raimondo Montecuccoli - 20-mm/70 Oerlikon Mk.II guns have been changed to Oerlikon 3S
- The "Torpedo mode" modification has been added for the following Italian ships:
- MS-15 - S.I.270 torpedo has been changed to S.I. 270/533X6.84 Tipo L
- Stefano Turr - AP round on the 6.5mm MG belt has been changed to the utility round.
- MAS 569 - tracer round has been added to the 6.5mm MG belt.
- 203-mm Mk.25 HC shell (USS Portland (CA-33)) - fuze type has been changed from tail to superquick point detonating.
- 76-mm/62 OTO-Melara Compact auto cannon- number of shots before overheating has been increased to ~60-65.
- 100-mm/56 B-34 gun: HE shell has been added.
- 114-mm 8cwt QF Mk I gun Dark class (FPB 1101) - HE shell has been changed to HE shell with tail fuse.
- 47-mm Hotchkiss gun (Fairmile A (ML100), Fairmile B (ML345)) - explosives type and weight has been changed to 120 g of the lyddite.
- Type 1934А (1940) - aiming limits of the 2nd and the 3rd main calibre turrets have been fixed.
- S-100 (1944), S-100 (1945), S-100 (S204) — torpedo reloads added.
- IJN Kiyoshimo — Guidance of the anti-aircraft cannon located on the main calibre turret on the stern has been fixed.
- Hunt (L79) — traverse aiming angles on the second turret of the main calibre have been improved. Removed unnecessary lifting of the barrels upwards when passing from one traverse to another through the bow.
- MAS 555, MAS 569 — 20mm Breda cannon aiming angles have been increased.
- Kanonenboot K-2 — two 13.2mm Hotchkiss machine-guns have been added to the superstructure.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni, Raimondo Montecuccoli — 4 spare torpedoes have been added.
- Stefano Turr — Elevation angles on the 13.2mm Breda mod.31 have been changed from -11°/+85° to -10°/+80°.
- MS 472, MS 473 — Elevation angles on the 40mm cannons have been changed from -10°/+60° to -6°/+90°.
- A bug in determining greater distance by the Improved Rangefinder modification has been fixed.
- Stefano Turr - ‘Auxiliary Armament Targeting’ modification has been removed, RP and SL have been refunded.
- The rudder deflection speed and maximum deflection angle have been changed:
- Light motor boat controls have become much more dynamic.
- Escort ships with a displacement of about 800 tons will enter turns faster.
- Little or no change for destroyers and light cruisers.
- Rudder moving time from one side to another on heavy cruisers has become about 20% faster.
- Fire mechanics changes - damage, fire time, and ignition points have been revisited. Every fire how has two stages:
- Initial stage - with low effect. Fire draws, dealing low damage to the crew. Mechanisms and modules take no damage.
- Main stage - main effect, depending on fire scale, Fire draws further, damaging a module where it sets, as well as modules around it.
- Initial stage is short, but sufficient to bring fire down, making damage from ignition minimal. Any compartment or module can be burned out - in this case there's a high chance that the fire will cease and won’t spread. The destruction of the artillery unit or turret has a high chance to be followed by fire. This fire can also spread to other modules around.
- Ammo stowage durability of destroyers and cruisers has been increased for separate loading main calibre guns. Thickness of the loaded projectiles’ cases has been increased according to the calibre. Explosion, fire, and shrapnel resistance have been increased.
- USS Atlanta (CL-51) - damage model of the stern ammo stowage has been fixed, Previously, it was too large in size.
- IJN Tone - thicknesses and forms of armoring of barbets, cutouts in the armored deck, protection of supply pipes, bow and stern traverses have been fixed.
- Köln F220 - Additional armour for the 40mm launchers has been added.
- The amount of the crew members has been fixed for the following Italian vessels:
- All Italian boats - The size of the ammunition magazines has been reduced.
- HMS London, HMS Kent - The armour layout and armour thickness of the ammunition storages have been fixed.
- Type 1936А (Mob) — The filling of ammunition in the aft magazine has been fixed.
- Kanonenboot K-2 — The intersections of the armour deck and ammunition magazines have been fixed.
- USS Pensacola (CA-24) — The thickness and type of the armour belts have been fixed.
- 94 ft PT-811 — Maximum speed has been changed from 55 to 47.7 knots.
- 89 ft PT-810 — Maximum speed has been changed from 41 to 44.3 knots.
- AF D1, AF D3, HMS Kent (54) — The ship's heel in turning has been reduced.
- USS Portland (CA-33) — The ship has been restored to its original state with non-armoured hull walls. The information has been taken from a damage report of the ship from 1945.
- PGH-2, PG 02, Sparviero — Radius and speed loss in turning have been reduced.
- HMS Tiger — Ship’s fuel tanks have been completely redesigned. Additional information has been taken from the Original Plan - HMS Tiger (as fitted), 1959. General arrangement and Cross Sections.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni — The armour of the barbettes on the main calibre turrets have been removed according to the historical data.
- MBK-161 (1943), MBK-161 (1944) — the armour thickness of the ‘tank’ turrets have been brought into compliance with the T-34 (1942) tank turret.
- Ikazuchi, Asheville (PGM-84) — Search radars on the main calibre turrets have been changed to tracking radars.
- Raimondo Montecuccoli — Search radar has been added.
- MS 472, MS 473 — Search radars have been removed. The historical prototype only had navigation radar.
- HMS Tiger - The size of the airburst of the HE-VT shells have been fixed.
- MV-611 — The flag has been changed to the postwar version.
- Raimondo Montecuccoli — The vessel draught in the hangar has been fixed.
- Bennion (DD-662) — Cloth masks have been added to the third main calibre cannon.
- МО-4 — The position of the gunner on the aft gun has been changed in order to avoid unnecessary intersections with objects on deck.
- Type 4 Model 2, Ha-Go — The intersections of the depth charges with each other has been fixed.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni — The disappearance of the gun mantlet on the main calibre cannon’s level of detail has been fixed.
- IJN Kako, IJN Furutaka — Visual models of the boxes with depth charges at the stern have been added.
- Dardo — Main calibre cannons (mod 1937) have been replaced by the 1926 modification.
- HMS Southampton — ship’s draft issue in the hangar has been resolved.
- Fairmile B (ML345) — 7.7 machine gun model has been changed from Vickers to Lewis.
- 3.7 cm Flak C/36 — The ‘shooting’ effect has been corrected relative to the barrel tip.
- S-38b, S-100 (1944), S-100 Lang, S-100 (1945) — Reverse propeller rotation has been corrected.
- Chidori — Through holes in the model LOD (level of detail) have been reworked.
- Elco 80 ft PT-565 — A bug with mismatch of the missiles with the destroyed launchers has been fixed.
- Clemson (L45), Class G (H89), Hunt (L71), Hunt (L79) — Depth bomb storage showing bombs have been hidden in modifications where they are not equipped.
- Akebono, Ikazuchi, Chikugo, LCS(L)(3) — The X-Ray model for the 40mm installations have been fitted more precisely to the visual model.
- Freccia P-493 — The X-Ray model of the internal modules have been fitted more precisely to the damage model.
- VS-8 Schell I — The X-Ray model of the main calibre turrets has been added.
- Pr.191M — The traverse axis of the 14.5mm guns in the X-Ray view has been corrected.
- IJN Mogami — The position of the barrels on the main calibre cannons in X-Ray view has been corrected.
- Vosper 1st series, Vosper 2nd series — The display of torpedoes in the X-Ray view has been corrected.
- Type 1936 — A bug with lack of rotation on the torpedo launchers in X-Ray view has been corrected.
- Albatros-Klasse (143) — The X-Ray model on the ammunition magazines has been adapted more precisely to the damage model.
- MBK pr. 186 — A bug where the rear armour on the main calibre turret remained stationary when the turret rotated has been fixed.
- VS-8 Schell I — The size of the drain pumps has been corrected.
- MBK-161 (1944) — A bug where the armoured shield on the 45mm cannons remained stationary on rotation has been fixed.
- Krasny Kavkaz — The size of the elevators for the main calibre cannons and first order ammo racks has been corrected.
- Prinz Eugen — The position of the armoured deck has been corrected in the visual model.
Economy and research
- Changes implemented in the US fighter aircraft research tree.
- The minimum number of Italian vehicles required to open the 5th rank has been increased.
- The Pz.III L and Pz.III M in the German research tree have been combined into one group.
- P-47D-25 / D28 BR in AB has been changed from 3.7 to 4.0
- Decorations have been redistributed into new groups.
- Late single-colour and late desert camouflage for the Soviet top tanks have been added for purchase and research.
- The insignia and decals have been moved to the standard camouflage layer. Previously issued decals also remain available:
- The insignia and decals have been moved to the additional free camouflage "Testing Ground 113". The decals issued previously also remain available. Default camouflage has been changed:
- Additional camouflage obtaining terms in regard to the target type have been removed for the following camouflages:
- Tasks values for obtaining camouflages on all vehicles have been recalculated.
- Increase of the values is now smoother (will be noticeable especially in top ranked vehicles).
- The order of receiving camouflages is now shifted to a single scheme (desert - winter - forest). The changes will not affect any already achieved camouflages. If the new values are enough for obtaining the camouflage - you will get both immediately.
- USA - Winter camouflage will be given out before the "bi-color" one.
- Germany - Winter camouflage will be given out before "Lines" and "Spots".
- USSR - Forest and desert camouflages will be switched in places.
- A new entity "collection" has been added to the game - it is a set of items for assembling of which players receives reward. The reward will be given out only if there are items (decals and decorations) on the player’s account.
- The "Collection" menu has been added to the shop menu.
- Starter decal and decoration collections have been added. In future the number of collections will be increased.
- Links to the market have been added for event decals and decorations.
- The collection trophy for consoles has been added.
- Possibility of selecting the aircraft weaponry presets to a "favorite" block has been added.
- The camera in the fleet hangar has been improved: its movement is now smoother, and the camera itself is placed at the same distance from the vessel.
- Protection analysis for aircraft has been added.
- Shells in the damage model now have volumetric dimensions/sizes corresponding to the real size of the shell.
- A laser radar system has been added for vehicles equipped with a detection warning system.
- In combined ground battles in SB game mode the new mechanics which after respawn, allies will be marked for the player on the mini-map for 7 seconds. This has been done to understand better the positions of the players and for better interaction between players.
- The distance for the identification of naval vessels in battles has been increased (switching of the name of the ship on an enemy marker).
- The visual effect of an engine fire on destroyers and cruisers has been completely redesigned. New logic has been added to places where smoke and fire effects occur.
- The sounds of cannons and machine guns of land and sea vehicles have been corrected towards greater clarity. The low-frequency component of the shot has also been emphasized.
- New sound events for the M61 rotary gun (SPAAG M163) have been created.
- Principle of reverb response for all sounds has been changed in order to make the sound more natural. Previously, algorithmic reverberation was used (real-time calculation of the reflection of sound from a certain virtual volume, the parameters of which are set by a mathematical function), now convolution reverberation is used (that is, the application of the convolution operation to the original sound in the game, and the reference sound recorded in real conditions). For sounds inside the cockpit of an aircraft or a tank, real reflections (impulse response of a real volume, like street, room, cockpit, etc.) are used, recorded in the interiors of actual military vehicles. For the sounds of the environment, real reflections were used, recorded in the field, and in areas with medium and dense buildings. Also, when approaching the ground on an aircraft with a third person view, you can feel the reflections of sounds from the land surface.
- Sounds of flying bullets and shells have been changed. Now they click or clap as they fly past the listener.
- A bug has been fixed due to which the shell/bullet flypast sound was played when hitting the player's vehicle. Now the sound of flight only sounds when it passes by.
- Now, when a tank turret is ripped off, it falls to the ground with a characteristic sound.
- Corrections in the balance for ground SB mode:
Smaller updates that came afterwards
03.09.2020 (Server update)
- Somua SM - Thickness of the upper frontal armour part has been changed from 90 to 150 mm.
- Stuart III - The correct visual model of the vehicle has been returned.
- A bug where reverberation from interior sounds in the vehicle cabin was uncontrollable with volume settings in the game menu has been fixed.
- Flight model
- Fw 190 (all modifications) - Stability and stalling resistance at low speeds have been increased.
- Decals from the "Fire" and "Mythical Creatures" collections have been moved to the corresponding groups.
- Fixed a bug where the reload time of fighters in Arcade Battles was reduced.
- Problems with the calculation of the resistance against HEAT shells in the protection analysis have been fixed.
- Improved the behavior of air-to-air missiles on target acquisition.
- A bug where ATGM's might move intermittently whilst observing them at long distances has been fixed.
- Displaying the timer for "FPE" in the HUD in naval battles has been fixed.
- A bug that caused a naval vessel to disappear when watching it through binoculars has been fixed.
- A bug where after launch, some rockets would not display flame effects in naval battles has been fixed.
- Mounted weaponry default reload time has been corrected for air AB to 400 seconds for fighters, and 60 seconds for bombers.
- PS4 and Xbox players are now able to exchange items from the "Raining Fire" trophy. The option available in the exchange tab in the workshop.
- All players are now able to exchange to warbonds the "Night Vision" trophy or older ones. The list of exchangeable items will be updated. The exchange option is available in the inventory by selecting an exchangeable item.
- The signal sounding the start of a battle now plays independently from sound settings for a minimized game window.
- The volume of hits to ground vehicles has been slightly increased.
- Now the sound of turret gun drives on ground vehicles at low aiming speeds and/or low turning angles more accurately reflects the operation of the real mechanisms.
- Missing sounds of hits to the player aircraft from cockpit view and third-person view have been corrected.
- Missing sounds of fire and crashing aircraft from cockpit view have been corrected.
- Aircraft and helicopter canopies will now reduce external sounds with more effect.
- The radar warning sound has become more noticeable.
- Player aircraft engine sounds have been adjusted at low frequencies.
Flight model changes:
- Ta 152 H-1 — wing profile has been recalculated to a "thinner" value, allowing delay in shock-stalling at high altitudes and speeds. Landing with flaps has become easier with minimum fuel. A bug causing motor overspeed at high altitudes has been fixed.
- I-225 — shock-stalling momentum has been delayed for thinner profiles (i.e. the rudder is more effective at high altitude and speeds).
- F-4E, EJ — according to the operation's manual, the speed has been specified (increased) at altitudes below 9,000 meters.
- F4U-1C/D — an engine bug causing insufficient thrust has been fixed.
- Fw 190 (all series) - a bug has been fixed where the aircraft is unable to achieve overload over 6G at high speed with minimum fuel load.
Aircraft and helicopter model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- F4U-6 / AU-1 - the display of mounted armament menu items has been corrected.
- The protection parameters of the US and Soviet main battle tanks have been changed (open chart).
Changes to protection parameters of the American and Soviet MBTs
In the recently published changelog for the "Raining Fire" update, a few mistakes were made in the protection parameters of Soviet MBTs, while those parameters in the game were mostly set correctly. We have corrected these issues, and now present the latest protection values. In addition, the protection parameters on the M1 Abrams series of tanks have been adjusted.
For turrets of Soviet MBT’s, the protection values in the sector of course angles ± 30° from the vehicle axis are used; this means that when a tank gets hit from these angles, protection is provided at a minimum as indicated. In the case of hitting from a course angle of 0°, the protection might be noticeably higher than that indicated and strongly depends on the point of impact on the turret.
For tanks of the M1 series, the protection is indicated separately for the left and right sides of the turret due to their different inclination angles. It is assumed that, structurally, the turret ‘cheeks’ and lower frontal hull armor plate represent the same obstacle, installed at different angles. Because of this, the equivalent protection of the lower front plate is set slightly higher than that indicated for M1A2 in the publication "Stridsfordon idag och imorgon. Ett föredrag om Svenskt Pansar med utgångspunkt i historien".
These changes are not final and may be clarified and revised further in case of new documentary sources.
- «Теория и конструкция танка» — Т. 10. Кн. 2. Комплексная защита / Под ред. д.т.н., проф. П. П. Исакова. — М.: Машиностроение, 1990. — 208 с.
- «Защита танков» — В. А. Григорян, Е. Г. Юдин, И. И. Терехин и др.; под ред. В. А. Григоряна. — М.: Изд-во МГТУ им. Н. Э. Баумана, 2007. — 327 с.
- «Средний танк Т-64А (основные характеристики)»
- Акты государственных (совместных) испытаний комплекса ДЗ. Устьянцев С. В., Колмаков Д. Г. Боевые машины Уралвагонзавода. Танк Т-72. — Н. Тагил: Изд. дом «Медиа-Принт», 2004.
- «Вестник БТВТ». Сборник.
- "Infantry Fighting Vehicle Task Force study results" Creator United States. Department of the Army. Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans. Infantry Fighting Vehicle Task Force.
- "Stridsfordon idag och imorgon. Ett föredrag om Svenskt Pansar med utgångspunkt i historien". Arsenalen den 8 November 2012 av Rickard O.Lindström.
- The sound of splashes from torpedo launches has been corrected.
- The missing sound indicator of shot down enemy aircraft has been fixed.
- The Ju 87 B-2 Stuka siren has become audible in cockpit view.
- Piston and jet engine volume has been lowered where the spectator’s view camera is close to the engine.
- Ground vehicle engine volume has been slightly lowered in gunner view.
- The volume of player aircraft guns has increased slightly.
- The sound event of passing-by (missed) shells has been reworked.
- A bug where music incorrectly overlaps in the hangar after a battle is over has been corrected.
- New squadron vehicle is now available for all players - IJN Shimakaze
- The sound indication for destroyed enemy in air battle mode now differs from naval battles.
- The sound event of fly-by shells near the player's vehicle features a whistle again, along with a 'cracking' sound. The 'cracking' sound is more natural for passing-by ultrasonic rounds, but the whistling sound is more familiar to listeners.
- A bug has been fixed where a destroyed then repaired engine might operate without sound.
- A bug has been fixed where the landing gear mechanical indicators did not operate in the cockpit view.
- Keys for custom camo trophies have been removed from the store on PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One. To open these trophies, you only have to click the "Open" button, GE will be spent automatically in a sum equivalent to the previous version (599 GE). Previously purchased keys will be spent automatically on purchase or achieving the appropriate trophy.
- PlayStation® 4 users from the Japanese region are now again able to purchase custom camo trophies, or receive them in battles.
- Aircraft characteristics, damage model, and weaponry changes
- Turret aiming angles have been brought into compliance with documentation for the following aircraft:
- Dead zones have been adjusted for turrets to avoid hitting the tail for the following aircraft:
28.09.2020 (Server update)
- Churchill III, Churchill VII, M4A3E2, T14, T26E1-1 - the number of spawns has been changed (reduced to 1, similar to other heavy tanks).
- T26E1-1 - has been removed from setup 8.5.
- A bug has been fixed that caused an absence of sound events with gun fire on ground and naval vehicles under certain conditions.
- A bug has been fixed where sound events for engines on ground vehicles and aircraft were missing.
- The engine sound for incoming allied/enemy aircraft has been made clearer.
- The sound notification connected to the destruction of enemy vehicles in aircraft SB has been disabled.
- The sound of 'scraping' on the hulls of ground vehicles in contact with each other has been added.
- Sounds for the 'scraping' of a ship's hull with obstacles and the hulls of other ships, as well as sounds of scraping on an aircraft's fuselage on the ground, will now be more natural in fade out after losing contact with the affected surface, or after stopping.
- Research, purchase, crew training costs and other related parameters for vehicles have been changed. View the tablesheet with the main parameters in a new tab. All economy indicators for vehicles will be changed according to rank.
- Repair costs and award multipliers have been changed (view in a new tab).
- Ammunition costs for naval vessels and aircraft have been changed (view in a new tab).
- In tank SB additional respawns in the same vehicle have been removed due to the respawn system being outdated when multiple vehicle respawn for respawn points was introduced.
- The reward for destroying and damaging aircraft without suspended weaponry has been reduced by 60% in ground AB battles and for aircraft with suspended weaponry by 20%.
- Decals and achievements
- For free decals that belong to specific nations' tasks for receiving them have been added. Decals from the category "Digits" and some decals from the category "Special" will remain free.
- Requirements for the "vehicle of a nation" for receiving decals from the Allied and Axis section have been corrected.
- Values to obtain some decals from the category "Special" have been adjusted.
- Some decals from the category "Roundels and Insignias" have had their availability returned.
- Achievements from the category "Decals" have been distributed in the same groups as decals. The names of the achievement groups and decals now coincide.
- All aircraft torpedoes now have info shown about the explosive type and weight. These parameters are used to calculate the damage that they inflict (similar to other types of aviation armament and naval torpedoes) rather than the previously used simplified damage value.
- A-4B — Control of the mouse during roll maneuvers has been improved. The probability of experiencing damage or destruction when performing a quick barrel roll while using mouse aim control has been reduced.
- BI — Control at high speeds in AB mode has been improved. Landing characteristics and control at low speeds have also been improved.
- F3H-2 — The thermodynamics and throttle characteristics of the engine have been corrected. The time limit for the continuous operation of the engine while using WEP has been increased.
- A bug where the locking circle of the Sidewinder homing missile would shift to the side has been fixed.
- A bug where AGM-114 rounds would not strike the center of the target, but would instead strike the front part of the hull or just before the target, has been fixed (report 1, report 2).
- A bug where the sight for unguided rockets on aircraft may not operate has been fixed (report).
22.10.2020 (BR changes)
- Changes in Battle Ratings
- Client crash when allocating mines as a priority target for any of the ship weapon groups has been fixed.
|Closed Beta||1.17 · 1.25|
|Open Beta||1.27 · 1.29 · 1.31 · 1.33 · 1.35 · 1.37 · 1.39 · 1.41 · 1.43 · 1.45 · 1.47 · 1.49 · 1.51 · 1.53 · 1.55 · 1.57 · 1.59 · 1.61 · 1.63|
|Release||1.65 · 1.67 · 1.69 · 1.71 · 1.73 · 1.75 · 1.77 · 1.79 · 1.81 · 1.83 · 1.85 · 1.87 · 1.89 · 1.91 · 1.93 · 1.95 · 1.97 · Starfighters · Raining Fire|
|Update 2.0||New Power · Hot Tracks · Ixwa Strike · Red Skies · Direct Hit · Ground Breaking|