The Medium Tank T95E1 is a rank VI USA medium tank with a battle rating of 8.0 (AB/RB) and 7.7 (SB). It was introduced in Update 1.69 "Regia Aeronautica".
Presenting a 90 mm smoothbore cannon, it is currently the first tank in the American tree line that uses APFSDS ammunition.
Survivability and armour
- Cast homogeneous armour
- Rolled homogeneous armour (Front side hull, Lower rear hull, Hull roof)
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull|| 95 mm (64-71°), 51 mm (67-86°) Front glacis
127 mm (43-45°) Lower glacis
|32-101.6 mm|| 19 mm (18°) Top
25 mm (4-64°) Bottom
|Turret|| 178 mm (6-78°) Turret front
178 mm (1-71°) Gun mantlet
|76-178 mm (24-52°)||51 mm (4-39°)|| 51 mm Front |
38 mm Rear
|Cupola|| 100 mm Cupola front
105 mm Gun mantlet
|70 mm||50 mm||38 mm|
- Suspension wheels and tracks are 20 mm thick.
- Belly armour is 19 mm thick.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|90 mm T208E9|
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration in mm @ 0° Angle of Attack|
|Ammunition|| Type of
Mass in kg
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass in g
| Normalization At 30°
Mass in kg
| Screen radius
| Screen time
| Screen hold time
| Explosive Mass in g|
|50||43 (+7)||29 (+21)||15 (+35)||1 (+49)||no|
Turret empty: 29 (+21)
Offensive and anti-aircraft machine guns not only allow you to fight some aircraft but also are effective against lightly armoured vehicles. Evaluate machine guns and give recommendations on its use.
Usage in battles
The T95E1's playstyle consists of mostly setting up ambushes and/or on the frontlines. The APFSDS shell has more than enough power to destroy most tanks that it will face; however, on a uptier against T-64's and KPz-70's, you will need to play more cautiously, thus the ambushing tactics come into play. You must be extremely aware of what is around you and be quicker than your enemy on the gun because the lack of stabilizers will make your shot on the move very difficult.
Pros and cons
- Stock APFSDS able to penetrate most enemies frontally
- Excellent post-penetration spalling from APFSDS
- Sloped front armour is impenetrable against all but the most well-aimed AP shots
- Very good stock horizontal turret traverse
- Good gun depression of -10°, allows for some hull-down tactics
- High velocity firing makes long-range fighting easier, especially in the large maps.
- Has a Smoothbore gun, with excellent recoil mount that decreases the recoil.
- Poor acceleration and low top speed cross-country
- Low reverse speed relative to other American medium tanks
- A prominent weak spot in the form of commander's cupola
- No ammunition choices other than APFSDS or HE
- No stabiliser - unable to accurately fire on the move
- Front armour vulnerable against sabot and HEAT rounds
- Limited accuracy of smoothbore cannon at long range
- Large ammo racks to the sides of driver, front hull penetration could lead to easy ammo detonation.
In the early 1950s, the US began looking for a replacement for the M48 series. In September 1954, the T95 was selected for development; construction of pilot models began in 1957. The T95E1 differed from the T95 in the inclusion of a recoil system mount and the omission of a two-plane stabilizer, and was completed in early 1958.
The T95 program was shut down in July 1960 when it became clear that both the engine power and smoothbore cannon's accuracy were unsatisfactory and would provide no significant improvements over the M48 already in service. However, further development of the turret design contributed significantly to the turret used later on the M60A1.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
|USA medium tanks|
|M3||M3 Lee · Grant I|
|M4||M4 · Calliope · M4A1 · M4A1 (76) W · M4A2 · M4A2 (76) W · M4A3 (76) W · M4A3 (105) · M4A5|
|M26||T20 · T25 · M26 · M26 T99 · M26E1|
|Post-war||M46 · M46 "Tiger" · M47 · M48A1 · T54E1 · T95E1|
|MBT||M60 · M60A1 (AOS) · M60A1 RISE (P) · M60A2 · M60A3 TTS · MBT-70 · XM-803|
|XM-1 (Chrysler) · XM-1 (GM) · M1 Abrams · IPM1 · M1A1 Abrams · M1A2 Abrams|
|Israeli||Magach 3 · Merkava Mk.1 · Merkava Mk.2B · Merkava Mk.3D|