14 km/h back35 km/h forward
13 km/h backSpeed
The Heavy Tank T30 was a World War II American tank project developed to counter new German tanks, such as Tiger I, Tiger II, and tank destroyers, such as the Jagdtiger, or Soviet heavy tanks, such as IS-1 or IS-2. The T30 was designed at the same time as the T29 Heavy Tank. However, it had a 155mm gun mounted on the same hull and turret as the T29 and T34's heavy tanks.
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat?
If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability as well as the maximum speed forward and backwards.
Some tanks are armed with several guns in one or more turrets. Evaluate the additional weaponry and give advice on its use. Describe the ammunition available for additional weaponry. Give advice on how to use them and how to fill the ammunition storage. If there is no additional weaponry remove this subsection.
The T30 is outfitted with:
- 2 x 12.7 mm Browning M2HB machine guns (??? RPG = ??? total)
These Brownings can be extremely useful for gauging distance measurements or shooting down enemy aircraft.
Usage in the battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
Summarize and briefly evaluate the vehicle in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark its pros and cons in a bulleted list. Do not use more than 6 points for each of the characteristics. Avoid using categorical definitions such as "bad", "good" and the like - they have a substitution in the form of softer "inadequate", "effective".
- Massive 155mm Gun which can hold it's own in a good match-up
- Effective armour which can withstand quite the battering if used correctly
- Can be an excellent breakthrough tank due to decent acceleration and speed for a tank of that size (65.8 ton)
- Crew of 6 so can still be a tough opponent even with some crew knocked out
- 155mm AP overmatch 100mm plate on most soviet tanks, especially t-54 and IS-6
- 40 seconds long reload on the gun which can lead to some problems (Being encircled or having to pull back for support)
- Large target and silhouette which can lead to becoming a priority target for the enemy tanks and planes
- Depression is not the best but still not terrible
- One less .50 cal machine gun than on the T29 or T34
- The armor around the gun is often penetrated, which results in breech damage.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|USA heavy tanks|
|M4 Jumbo||Assault Tank M4A3E2 Jumbo · Assault Tank M4A3E2 Jumbo "Cobra King" · Assault Tank M4A3E2 (76) W Jumbo|
|Small-scale series||Assault Tank T14 · Heavy Tank M6A1 · Heavy Tank T26E1-1 "Super Pershing"|
|Post-war||Heavy Tank T29 · Heavy Tank T30 · Heavy Tank T32 · Heavy Tank T32E1 · Heavy Tank T34 · 120 mm Gun Tank M103|