S.M.79 bis/T.M (Germany)
|This page is about the gift German bomber S.M.79 bis/T.M (Germany). For other uses, see S.M.79 (Family).|
The ▀S.M.79 Sparviero bis/T.M (1943) is a Rank II gift German bomber with a battle rating of 2.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was in the game since the start of the Open Beta Test prior to Update 1.29 in the German aviation tree. In Update 1.69 "Regia Aeronautica", the S.M.79 as well as the other Italian planes in the German tree were moved to the new Italian tree.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 4,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 4,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 300||< 305||< 303||> 200|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|3,500 m||2,580 hp||2,959 hp|
Survivability and armour
- 12 mm and 6 mm Steel plates around the pilots.
- 9 mm Steel plates in front of dorsal gunner, with a 6 mm plate to the left.
- 6 mm Steel plates in front of beam gunners.
The S.M.79 bis/T.M (Germany) is armed with:
- 1 x 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine guns, dorsal-mounted (350 rpg)
- 2 x 50 kg GP 50 bombs
- 12 x 100 kg GP 100 bombs
- 5 x 250 kg GP 250 bombs
- 1 x 905 kg F200/450x5.45 torpedo
- 2 x 500 kg GP 500 bombs
- 1 x 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine gun, dorsal turret (500 rpg)
- 1 x 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine gun, 2 x beam turret (350 rpg = 700 total)
Usage in the battles
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable||Controllable||Not controllable||Controllable||Combined||Not controllable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Offensive 12 mm||MCSAP100|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 12 mm MGs||MCGP250|
|III||Wings Repair||Engine||Turret 12 mm||TBC-79|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 12 mm MGs (turret)||MCRO500|
Pros and cons
- Has armour unlike previous model
- Worse flight performance than the previous model (heavier)
- Fewer defensive guns, while a larger calibre, fewer utilised
- No defensive coverage for the underside of aircraft
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Blohm & Voss||BV 238|
|Dornier||Do 17 E-1 · Do 17 Z-2 · Do 217 E-2 · Do 217 E-4 · Do 217 K-1 · Do 217 M-1|
|Focke-Wulf||Fw 189 A-1 · Fw 200 C-1|
|Henschel||Hs 123 A-1|
|Heinkel||He 111 H-3 · He 111 H-6 · He 111 H-16 · He 177 A-5|
|Junkers||Ju 87 B-2 · Ju 87 R-2 · Ju 87 D-3 · Ju 87 D-5 · Ju 88 A-1 · Ju 88 A-4 · Ju 188 A-2 · Ju 288 C|
|Savoia-Marchetti||▀S.M.79 serie 1 · ▀S.M.79 B · ▀S.M.79 serie 4 · ▀S.M.79 serie 8|
|▀S.M.79 AS · ▀S.M.79 bis/N · ▀S.M.79 bis/T.M|
|Trophies||▀Wellington Mk Ic|