5 km/h back33 km/h forward
4 km/h backSpeed
The Pz.Kpfw. 35(t) is a rank I German light tank with a battle rating of 1.0 (AB/RB/SB).
Survivability and armour
The Pz.35(t) has a key advantage over most low-BR tanks that is seen only also on French tanks - it has 25mm front armor on the hull and turret which makes it immune to 12.7mm machine guns that are commonplace at its tier. The sides are pennable with such weapons, however. It has four crew with decent spacing between them, but a far cry from the Panzer III/IV, so while it can save you sometimes, don't rely on it, especially if a Russian APBC or British 2-pdr is coming your way.
With a top speed of 33kph and a P/W of 11.43hp/ton in RB/SB, the tank has reasonably good mobility for a reserve tank. Stuarts and BTs run circles around you, however.
The Pz.35(t) is armed with the KwK 34(t) (37 mm), which has an APC-HE shell with 49mm pen and a Tier 1 unlockable APCBC shell with 52mm pen. It also possesses an 85mm pen APCR shell for more stubborn armored targets such as B1 bis.
The tank has a 7.92mm MG37(t), which is a decent gun to hose down flak trucks but not good for much else.
Usage in the battles
The tank is average in most respects, aside from frontal immunity to .50cals. Since many enemies are faster than you, it is adviseable to bunker down and ambush people. Mobility is good enough that you can actually get to ambush positions while they are still relevant to the match.
While you can penetrate B1 bis from the side, it is adviseable to just avoid them, since APCR postpen damage is currently poor. It does not uptier well if used in 1.3+ lineups, since Valentines and B1 ters are practically immune to the APCR as well.
Pros and cons
- Gun is decent for tier penetration wise
- Stock and unlockable ammunition has HE filler to kill reliably in one shot
- Mobility and acceleration are decent for the tier
- Frontally immune to 12.7mm guns, unusual for a reserve tank.
- Many things are faster than it
- Gun is inadequate vs many targets it can encounter, and being BR 1.0 ensures every single match is an uptier.
- Armor won't stop anything bigger than a .50cal.
- Survivability when penned is not great, when compared to the Pz III/IV at the same tier.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.