27 km/h back65 km/h forward
25 km/h backSpeed
The OTO Main Anti-aircraft Tank for Intercept and Combat (shortened to OTOMATIC) is a Rank VI Italian self-propelled anti-aircraft gun with a battle rating of 10.3 (AB/RB/SB). This vehicle was introduced in Update 1.85 "Supersonic".
The OTOMATIC is a radar-equipped SPAAG that is capable of shooting proximity fuzed frag rounds, and can destroy planes even in a single, well-aimed shot; therefore, it should be used as such, at least until APFSDS rounds are unlocked, so staying in a cap zone is recommended, as the unit doesn't not carry a lot of ammo (90 shells for a cannon with a 0.5s reload). When APFSDS are available, the OTOMATIC may defend capture points against enemy tanks as well, while still dealing with aircraft, or it can switch to a more mobile, MBT-like playstyle, mostly thanks to the good penetration of the sabot rounds and the two-axis stabilizer.
Survivability and armour
- Rolled homogeneous armour
- Structural steel (Radar equipment, Mud guards)
- Rubber-fabric screens
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull|| 70 mm (59°), 35 mm (81°) Front glacis
50 mm (52°) Lower glacis
25 mm (81°), 50 mm (30-46°) Ammo stowage hatch
| 25-35 mm Top
30 mm Bottom
|25 mm (1-40°)|| 30 mm (89°) Front |
15 mm (89°) Rear
5 mm Engine grille
|Turret|| 25 mm (25-45°) Turret front
25 mm (17-83°) Gun mantlet
|25 mm (0-11°)||25 mm (1-10°)||15 mm|
|Weight (tons)|| Add-on Armor
|Max speed (km/h)|
|Engine power (horsepower)|
|Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|76 mm OTO Breda Cannone da 76/62|
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration in mm @ 90°|
Mass in kg
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass in g
| Normalization At 30°
Usage in the battles
This vehicle provides abundant play style depending on how players are comfortable using it. You can take full ammo of 90 rounds and hide in a re-spawn point or building as a conventional SPAA. It can do this job very well and you can also reduce ammunition load to join your first-line team suggest ammo distribution 12 APDSFS & 16 HE-VT &2 APHE shell) as supplementary firepower while intercepting aircraft. Finally, when centre on point, launch an offensive because you need APDSFS Supplement.
OTOMATIC is proficient in street combat, the full-automatic gun allows you to ruin enemy troops in a very short time.
Pros and cons
- Radar assistance and VT fuze shells mean that the gun can shoot down aircraft with ease even in RB
- Superior quality scope with a very nice visual field
- 120 RPM fire rate on a 76 mm gun
- Two axis stabilizer
- APFSDS can penetrate up to 311 mm
- The HE-MOM proximity fuze shell is available when stock
- Can destroy ATGM helicopters at range impossible for other SPAA and most ATGM carriers, especially the ones sitting in hover mode at about 3km range
- No hull break means you can be more survivability compare to other SPAA
- The OF-40 chassis provide high-quality passing capacity enable you to follow First-line team
- Thin armour
- Shells stored in the turret and hull, easy to get the ammunition racks hit
- APFSDS rounds are a tier 4 modification
- APFSDS were limited to 12 rounds
- APFSDS is not so accurate at long distance
- HE-VT's still has a max range about 4.6 km, shells will self destruct when fired this far
- Massive and easy to spot
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Italy anti-aircraft vehicles|