|This page is about the aircraft MiG-15bis (Germany). For other uses, see MiG-15 (Disambiguation)|
The ▀MiG-15bis is a Rank V German jet fighter with a battle rating of 8.7 (AB/RB) and 9.0 (SB).
| Max Speed
(km/h at 0 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 0 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 600||< 700||< 750||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|0 m||2450 kgf||No WEP|
Survivability and armour
- 10 mm steel armour plates in front of the cockpit and behind the pilot's head rest.
- 6 mm steel armour under the pilot's seat.
- 64 mm bulletproof front windshield.
- Self-sealing fuel tanks behind the pilot and under the jet engine nozzle.
- Jet engine located in the rear of the aircraft, pilot seated in front.
- 2 x 23 mm Nudelman–Rikhter NR-23 cannon (80 rounds/gun)
- 1 x 37 mm Nudelman N-37D cannon (40 rounds/gun)
- 2 x 100 kg FAB-100 bombs
- 2 x 250 kg FAB-250 bombs
- 2 x ORO-57K rocket pods
- 2 x 8 x 57 mm S-5M rockets (HE)
- 2 x 8 x 57 mm S-5K rockets (HEAT)
- 2 x 210 mm S-21 rockets
Usage in the battles
The most common enemy of the MiG-15bis is, of course, the F-86 Sabre's although the Banshee/Panther/Cougar line is also a threat. The MiG's main disadvantage is its wing is vulnerable to ripping in the rolling turn. The Sabre doesn't have this same issue so don't try to out-roll the Sabre, use your extremely good energy retention to zoom back up to higher altitude and then re-engage in a dive.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not ontrollable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Offensive 23 mm|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 23 mm cannons||S5K|
|III||Wings Repair||Engine||Offensive 37 mm||S5M||BD-2-48|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 37 mm cannons||S21|
Pros and cons
- Great acceleration
- Superior climb rate
- Powerful armament
- Low wing loading which results in great maneuverability
- Great in vertical maneuvers
- Good flaps that allow them to be deployed even at high speeds (up to 800 kph IAS)
- High service ceiling
- Excellent high altitude performance
- Low roll rate especially at high speeds
- Control surfaces are highly stiffening at high speeds
- Hard to aim due low velocity guns
- Guns can spark frequently
- Low amount of ammo
- Long turn times
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Germany jet aircraft|
|Me.262||Me 262 A-1/U4 · Me 262 A-1a · Me 262 A-2a · Me 262 C-1a · Me 262 C-2b|
|He 162 A-1 · He 162 A-2 · Me 163 B · Me 163 B-0 · Ho 229 V3|
|Bombers||Ar 234 B-2 · Ar 234 C-3|
|Other countries||CL-13A Mk 5 · CL-13B Mk.6 · ▀MiG-15bis · ▀MiG-19S · ▀MiG-21MF · Sea Hawk Mk.100 · G.91 R/3|