MG 151 (15 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Make an air or ground vehicles list on which this weapon is installed in our game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
Describe the shells that are available for the cannon and their features and purpose. If it concerns autocannons or machine guns, write about different ammo belts and what is inside (which types of shells).
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns, that have firepower equal to these type of weapons.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against the main opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
- Good API round which can penetrate roof armour of low tier tanks and does a decent amount of damage to aircraft
- All ammunition belts do a good amount of damage against aircraft for its calibre
- Good rate of fire
- Good muzzle velocity
- All ammunition types have a different muzzle velocity
- Often come with a small number
- It acts more like a heavy machine-gun rather than a cannon
- Even though API shell can go through an armoured target, however, overall damage is limited due to low calibre
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of this weapon. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on weapon;
- other literature.
|Germany aircraft cannons|
|15 mm||MG 151|
|20 mm||MG 151 · MG C/30L · MG FF · MG FF/M|
|30 mm||MK 101 · MK 103 · MK 108|
|37 mm||BK 3.7|
|50 mm||BK 5 · Mk.214a|
|75 mm||BK 7.5|
|20 mm||Hispano Mk.V (Britain) · M24A1 (USA) · M61A1 (USA) · ShVAK (USSR)|
|23 mm||GSh-23-2 (USSR) · GSh-23L (USSR) · NR-23 (USSR) · VYa-23 (USSR)|
|30 mm||DEFA 552 (France) · GSh-30-2K (USSR) · NR-30 (USSR)|
|37 mm||N-37D (USSR)|