MG 151/20 (20 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Make an air or ground vehicles list on which this weapon is installed in our game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
Describe the shells that are available for the cannon and their features and purpose. If it concerns autocannons or machine guns, write about different ammo belts and what is inside (which types of shells).
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns, that have firepower equal to these type of weapons.
Usage in battles
This weapon is very dangerous to air targets due to the minengeschoß shell, which makes the MG 151/20 arguably the best 20 mm cannon against air targets. Unless other ammunition is needed for a specific reason, always choose the ammo belt with most minengeschoß available.
Pros and cons
- Minengeschoß shell (an improved HEI shell) provides a lot of hitting power against aircraft
- Larger ammo count than the other German 20 mm cannon
- Higher muzzle velocity than the other German 20 mm cannon
- Still lower muzzle velocity compare to most machine gun
- Ineffective against armoured ground targets
- Tracer and HEI (minengeschoß) have slightly different trajectories which reiterate knowing your ammunition
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of this weapon. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on weapon;
- other literature.
|Germany aircraft cannons|
|15 mm||MG 151/15|
|20 mm||MG FF · MG FF/M · MG C/30L · MG 151/20|
|30 mm||Maschinenkanone 103 · Maschinenkanone 108|
|37 mm||Bordkanone 3,7|
|50 mm||Bordkanone 5 · Maschinenkanone 214A|
|75 mm||Bordkanone 7,5|
|20 mm||ShVAK (USSR) · Hispano Mk.V (Britain)|
|23 mm||VYa-23 (USSR) · NR-23 (USSR)|
|30 mm||GSh-30-2K (USSR) · NR-30 (USSR)|
|37 mm||N-37D (USSR)|