Hispano Mk.II (20 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Compile a list of air, ground, or naval vehicles that feature this weapon system in the game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Vehicles equipped with this weapon|
|Fighters||Boomerang: ▄Boomerang Mk I · ▄Boomerang Mk II|
|P-51: P-51 Mustang · ▄Mustang Mk IA|
|Spitfire (Merlin): Spitfire Mk Vb · Spitfire Mk Vb/trop · ▄Spitfire Mk Vb/trop · Spitfire Mk Vc · Spitfire Mk Vc/trop · Spitfire F Mk IX · Spitfire LF Mk IX · Spitfire F Mk IXc · Plagis' Spitfire LF Mk IXc · ▃Spitfire LF Mk IXc · ▂Spitfire Mk IXc · Spitfire F Mk XVI|
|Spitfire (Griffon): Spitfire F Mk XIVc · Spitfire F Mk XIVe · Prendergast's Spitfire FR Mk XIVe · Spitfire F Mk XVIIIe · Spitfire F Mk 22 · Spitfire F Mk 24|
|Typhoon: Typhoon Mk Ib · Typhoon Mk Ib /Late|
|Other: Firefly F Mk I · Sea Hurricane Mk IC · MB.5|
|Twin-engine fighters||Beaufighter Mk X · Beaufighter Mk 21 · Mosquito FB Mk VI|
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
Describe the shells that are available for the cannon and their features and purpose. If it concerns autocannons or machine guns, write about different ammo belts and what is inside (which types of shells).
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns, that have firepower equal to these type of weapons.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against the main opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
- HEFI and HEF rounds can shread fighters in less than 3 seconds, in the hands of a skilled pilot
- "Air targets" ammuntion belt is stealth (no tracers) in arcade battle
- "Default" belt contains practice shells which deal far less damage than other ammuntion belts
- "Air targets" ammuntion belt is stealth (no tracers) in realistic and simulator battles
- "Air targets" ammuntion belts are less effective against bombers, instead, utilize stealth ammuntion
- Cannons quickly overheat when repeatedly fired for long periods of time
- Initially cannons are quite inaccurate until they are upgraded
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of this weapon. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|Britain aircraft cannons|
|20 mm||Hispano Mk.I · Hispano Mk.II · Hispano Mk.V|
|40 mm||Vickers S|
|47 mm||Vickers P|
|57 mm||Molins Class M|
|20 mm||Hispano 404 (France)|
|USA aircraft cannons|
|20 mm||AN/M2 · AN/M3 · FMC T-160 · Browning-Colt Mk12 Mod 3 · M24A1 · M39A1 · M195 · M197 · T31|
|37 mm||M4 · M10|
|75 mm||T13E1 · M10|
|20 mm||MG 151/20 (Germany) · Hispano Mk.II (Britain) · Type 99 Model 1 (Japan) · Hispano 404 (France)|