Destruction credit mechanics
Destruction and damage credit mechanics
Priorities taken into account whilst giving a "'unit' destroyed" credit in aircraft mode:
Lethal damage > Active Critical damage > Serious damage > Normal damage
- If there are several active types of damage present on the vehicle - the first priority damage awards “aircraft destroyed” award, and the remainder receive assist if the damage inflicted by them occurs 30 seconds before its destruction (with the exception of a critical hit).
- Repairing an aircraft removes all active damage from it.
- In the case of players inflicting damage with equal priority and the enemy crashing - the destroyed aircraft is credited to the player who inflicted the damage last.
In all cases listed below - a bail from the aircraft counts as an aircraft crash.
- Lethal damage – is damage which makes it impossible to restore an aircraft and return to the battle.
- Removal of the wing tip (visually about one quarter) is not considered "Lethal damage".
- Critical damage – a damage which may lead to it being impossible to successfully return to a friendly airfield for repair.
- This is the only damage type which grants assists after the 30 second time limit.
- Serious damage – is the destruction of one of the active engines while other engines are available or major wing damage without it being cut off. Serious damage is displayed on the side of the players display using gray text.
- Normal damage – any hits that are not listed above. A player gains vehicle destruction from the damage only if the enemy aircraft has crashed and does not have active critical or serious damage on it. The timer that accounts for this is; 12 seconds for arcade and 15 seconds for both realistic and simulator battles.
- Fire damage – works in the same way as standard inflicted damage. While inflicting damage may cause any damage from normal to critical, which will be credited to player who has set the aircraft alight.
Priorities taken into account while giving a unit destroyed credit in the ground forces mode:
Lethal damage > Critical damage > Active fire > Serious damage > Normal damage
- If there are several active types of damage present on the vehicle - the first priority damage awards a “ground unit destroyed” award, and the remainder receive an assist if the damage inflicted by them occurs 30 seconds before its destruction (with the exception of a critical hit).
- Tank repair does not repair ground vehicles completely - it only repairs until fighting capacity has been reached. Thus repair does not remove damage from vehicles as it does in aircraft mode.
Like in Aviation scuttling the vehicle will give the kill credit to last player who damaged the vehicle substantially.
- Lethal damage – vehicles completely knocked out of battle. when all necessary equipment for combat has been destroyed.
- Critical damage – disabling two of the crew members.
- This is the only damage type which gives an assist after the 30 second timer has completed.
- Active fire – works on the same principle as standard inflicted damage. While inflicting damage may cause any damage from normal to critical, which will be credited to the player who set the vehicle on fire. While the vehicle is in flames - it will give a higher priority to receive credit for unit destruction than serious or normal damage.
- Serious damage – disabling one of the important modules - cannon or engine.
- Normal damage – any module damage given. Hits without penetration or damage inflicted do not count as effective hits and will not be counted as normal damage either.