Corsair F Mk II (Great Britain)
|This page is about the premium fighter Corsair F Mk II (Great Britain). For other uses, see F4U (Family).|
The ▄Corsair F Mk II is a rank II premium British fighter with a battle rating of 2.7 (AB/RB) and 3.3 (SB). This aircraft was introduced in Update 1.75 "La Résistance" and it costs 1,150 Golden Eagles.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 6,888 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 6,888 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- 38 mm Bulletproof glass in cockpit front.
- 3 mm Steel plates in front of cockpit, top of fuselage.
- 8 mm Steel plate behind the pilot, with 12.7 mm Steel plate on headrest.
- Critical components located at the front of aircraft (fuel, pilot, engine, controls)
- More fuel tanks located in wings leading edge
The Corsair F Mk II (Great Britain) is armed with:
- 6 x 12.7 mm M2 Browning machine gun, wing-mounted (400 + 400 + 375 rpg each wing = 2,350 total)
The Corsair F Mk II (Great Britain) can be outfitted with the following ordinance:
- Without load
- 1 x 500 lb AN-M64A1 bomb
- 1 x 1000 lb AN-M65A1 bomb
Usage in the battles
Due to it's great energy retention and high dive speed, the Corsair is very good at Boom and Zooming. It is recommended to be used this way especially against any Japanese planes. Against any German planes BnZ is still recommended, but some planes you can out turn (FW-190 A-4). As with every American fighter, always climb at the start of a match. The only way to be successful with this plane is to climb high and end up higher than the enemy. Using this tactic will greatly increase your chances of getting air kills and forcing the enemy down low where you can finish them off.
Manual Engine Control
|Controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not ontrollable||Not controllable|
Pros and cons
- Great diving characteristics
- Good energy retention
- Good speed
- Good acceleration
- Great high speed maneuverability
- Great ammo reserves. >375 rpg
- Great top dive speed
- Mediocre flat turning characteristics
- Vulnerable to incendiary ammo
- Weak Damage Model
- Big target, easy to hit
- Can be easily taken out by other players from behind
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.