|This page is about the aircraft CR.32 quater. For other uses, see CR.32 (Disambiguation)|
The CR.32 quater is a Rank I Italian fighter with a battle rating of 1.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.69 "Regia Aeronautica".
The C.R.32 quater fights usually at low to medium altitude, the recommended fight altitude is around 1,000-3,000 meters. Flying above ground level gives you the advantage of diving on your enemies, and you can also dive to avoid incoming fighters.
For a reserve plane, it is one of the best. It does lack armour for the pilot, meaning new players should focus on increasing the pilot's health. Its 2 x 12.7 mm (.50cal) guns are one of the most powerful armaments in reserve planes, just behind the Ba.65 (K.14)L.
It has plenty of ammo, 350 RPG, which is enough to kill at least 2 planes. Its armament is also enough to kill a pilot in a single hit, which is similar to the P.26 peashooter. It is, however, trading some manoeuvrability for superb diving capability. It can not turn fight Ki-10, I-15 and is comparable to a fury. It can fight pretty much anything it faces, sometimes needing the help of a teammate.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,100 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,100 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- No armour plating
- No armour glazing
- Critical components located in front of aircraft (fuel, pilot, engine, controls)
- More fuel tanks located in wings near the fuselage
The CR.32 quater is armed with:
- 2 x 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine gun, nose-mounted (350 rpg = 700 total)
Usage in the battles
You do not have much choice, you have 2 machine guns and that's it. You can destroy some artillery, AA positions and armoured vehicles. You should prioritize other fighters to ground targets, as killing them will give you much more RP.
Manual Engine Control
|Controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not controllable||Not controllable|
- When grinding the CR.32 quater focus on getting the performance modifications. The "Offensive 12.7mm" should be researched immediately, and air target ammo equipped afterwards to focus on improving the plane's performance.
Pros and cons
- 12.7 mm MG's are great to kill pilots and penetrate enemy armour plates
- Excellent dive speed
- Surprisingly good turning against bigger fighters
- Turns less than some biplanes it faces
- Has a relatively small ammo pool, Firing in short burst is very recommended
- No protection for the pilot
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Fiat||CR.32 · CR.32 bis · CR.32 quater · CR.42 · Marcolin's C.R.42 CN|
|G.50 serie 2 · G.50 AS serie 7 · G.55 sottoserie 0 · G.55 serie 1 · G.55S · G.56|
|Reggiane||Re.2000 G.A. · Re.2000 serie 1 · Re.2001 serie 1 · Re.2001 gruppo 22 · Re.2001 CB · Re.2001 CN · Re.2002 Early · Re.2005 serie 0|
|Macchi||C.200 serie 3 · C.200 serie 7 · C.202 · C.202EC · C.205 serie 1 · C.205 serie 3 · C.205N2|
|Germany||▄Bf 109 G-2 · ▄Bf 109 G-14/AS|
|Britain||▄Spitfire Mk Vb/trop|