|This page is about the German jet fighter CL-13B Mk.6. For other uses, see F-86 (Family).|
The CL-13B Sabre Mk.6 is a Rank VI German jet fighter with a battle rating of 9.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.87 "Locked On".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the aircraft. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured, etc. Describe the armour, if there is any, and also mention the vulnerability of other critical aircraft systems.
- 6 x 12.7 mm M3 Browning machine guns (300 RPG = 1,800 total)
- 2 x 1,000 lb bombs (2,000 lb total)
- 16 x HVAR rockets
- 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinder infrared-guided missiles.
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in an aircraft, the features of using vehicles in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Respectable armament of 6 x 12.7 mm M3 machine guns
- Unlike the earlier CL-13 Mk.5 and the German MiG-19, it can equip Sidewinder missiles
- Good high-speed maneuverability
- Relatively low stall speed for a jet
- Wing rip occurs easily at high speeds/G-forces
- Machine gun armament lacks the stopping power compared to autocannons
- Lousy low-speed maneuverability
- Low ammunition count for the machine guns
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's devblog entry (if applicable) and the ingame encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Germany jet aircraft|
|Me.262||Me 262 A-1/U4 Pulkzerstörer · Me 262 A-1a Schwalbe · Me 262 A-2a Sturmvogel · Me 262 C-1a Heimatschützer I · Me 262 C-2b Heimatschützer II|
|He 162 A-1 · He 162 A-2 · Me 163 B · Ho 229 V3|
|Bombers||Ar 234 B-2 · Ar 234 C-3|
|Other countries||CL-13A Sabre Mk 5 · CL-13B Sabre Mk.6 · ▀MiG-15bis · ▀MiG-19S · Sea Hawk Mk.100|