CL-13A Mk 5
|This page is about the aircraft CL-13A Mk 5. For other uses, see F-86 (Family).|
The CL-13A Sabre Mk 5 is a Rank VI German jet fighter with a battle rating of 8.3 (AB), 9.3 (RB), and 9.0 (SB). It was introduced in Update 1.39.
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Maximum speed, maneuverability, speed and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 0 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 0 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 850||< 600||< 650||> 250|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|0 m||2790 kgf||No WEP|
Survivability and armour
- 6.35 mm steel - in front of cockpit
- 12.7 mm steel - pilot's seat
- 20 mm steel - pilot's head rest
- 38 mm bulletproof glass - armoured windscreen
- Engine and fuel tanks take up most of fuselage
- More fuel tanks in wings
The CL-13A Mk 5 is armed with:
- 6 x 12.7 mm Browning M3 machine guns, nose-mounted (300 rpg = 1,800 total)
The CL-13A Mk 5 can be outfitted with the following ordinance:
- Without payload
- 16 x 127 mm HVAR rockets
- 2 x 1,000 lb AN-M65A1 Fin M129 bombs (2,000 lb total)
Usage in the battles
Speed is everything. Reach around 1000 kph and then 10 to 20 degree climb then level out before dropping below 750 kmh IAS.
Watch out for planes like F-86F-2 Sabres and Hunters. These two you'll see the most and they will see you as a big threat since you pretty much out-perform them in every aspect. Destroy them before they pose any threat to you.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not controllable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Offensive 12 mm|
|III||Wings Repair||Engine||New 12 mm MGs|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||FLBC mk.1|
Pros and cons
- Excellent roll rate at all speeds.
- Flying tail elevator provides insane maneuverability at higher speeds.
- High velocity heavy machine gun armament.
- High rate of fire .50 cal M3 machine guns.
- Turn rate is very good (not better than F-86A-5/F-40 Sabre).
- Very good climb rate against all jets.
- Better acceleration than most 9.0 jets, accelerating more than any other Sabre in game.
- All round aircraft (good at AB, RB, and SB).
- Low speed maneuverability worse than earlier jets.
- Installed boosters breaks your wings if pulled over 12 G.
- Weak landing gears.
- Its excessive flight performance very often causes overconfidence, which can prove deadly.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Germany jet aircraft|
|Ar 234||Ar 234 B-2 · Ar 234 C-3|
|He 162||He 162 A-1 · He 162 A-2|
|Ho 229||Ho 229 V3|
|Me 163||Me 163 B · Me 163 B-0|
|Me 262||Me 262 A-1a · Me 262 A-1a/U1 · Me 262 A-1/U4 · Me 262 A-2a · Me 262 C-1a · Me 262 C-2b|
|USA||CL-13A Mk 5 · CL-13B Mk.6 · ▀F-86K · F-104G|
|USSR||▀MiG-15bis · ▀MiG-19S · ▀MiG-21MF|
|Britain||Sea Hawk Mk.100|
|Italy||▀G.91 R/3 · ▀G.91 R/4|