Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the missile.
Describe the type of damage produced by this type of missile (high explosive, splash damage, etc)
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of missiles that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe situations when you would utilise this missile in-game (vehicle, pillbox, base, etc)
Pros and cons
- Lock on Fire-And-Forget missle
- One of the best Air-To-Air Missles(AAM) in the game
- 30G Max overload
- 18 km maximum range if the hostile plane were to go in a straight line
- Up to 5 km in which the missile can turn (5.2 s of burn time)
- 6.5 km rear-aspect lock-on
- 3 km all-aspect lock on
- Flares can distract the missile
- Friendly or Enemy missile could distract the missile
- Very high speed loss due to weak engine and high drag coefficient
- IRCM modules acts as a shield against the missile
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.