- 1 General info
- 2 Specifications
- 3 History of creation, combat usage and evolution
- 4 Screenshots and fan art
- 5 Additional information (links)
The TAM or Tanque Argentino Mediano (Argentinian Medium Tank) is a Rank VI German light tank with a battle rating of 8.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.81 "The Valkyries".
The main purpose, usage and tactics recommendations
General play style
The TAM is a very difficult vehicle to get started with and is not recommended for novices. However, players who are proficient with it can be a nuisance to the enemy. The main purpose for this vehicle is positioning for support, marking the enemy's position while being situated well away from the battlefield. This provides your teammates with critical information which they can use to take out enemy vehicles or sometimes the TAM can eliminate the enemy by themselves, utilizing artillery.
Due to the lower number of spawn points, these vehicles are suitable for use at the very beginning of the match, marking local targets when they have not yet arrived, assisting friendly forces to kill enemy forces and avoid local snipers.
However, since the multiple of the main artillery scope is neither low nor high and the depression angle is only -7, it is not suitable for firing in most uneven terrain.
Moreover, this tank does not have any protection. When it is hit from any angle, the hull will break and will be exposed to shooting of .50 calibre machine guns.
At the same time, in the battle above BR 9.0, its maneuverability is lackluster, even can be said to be very poor and because there is no protection, avoid putting yourself close into combat. Again, the TAM is an auxiliary vehicle used to assist team mates, not be a forefront charger.
The TAM can be best utilized for either flank harassment or marking enemy targets.
Specific enemies worth noting
With the lack of armor on this vehicle, most vehicles and aircraft in game will pose a danger.
Pros and cons
- Has access to a variety of ammunition ranging from destroying vehicles or just providing smoke cover to allies or blinding enemy
- Unlike the Leopard A1A1s stabilizer, which tended to bounce a bit at higher speeds, TAM's stabilizer keeps the gun perfectly still, increasing accuracy rate
- It has access to laser rangefinder as a tier I modification
- As a light tank it can mark enemy vehicles, has access to airstrike and improved optics modification
- Fast turret rotation, can raise or lower its gun very quickly
- Cheap repair cost
- Very lightly armored. AP shells might pass through without doing any serious damage especially if hit from side
- First ammo rack contains 29 shells, more than enough for a single battle
- Good reload rate
- unlike the German 7.62 MG3A1 mounted machinegun the TAMs FN MAG 60-40 mounted machine gun has much greater depression making it more effective against aircrafts
- Shells cost are expensive, especially the APFSDS shell (1,300 silver lions)
- Artillery, planes with canons and HE shells can penetrate the tank very easily and destroy in one shot.
- Very slightly less gun depression(-7/18 not much of a problem)
- Only 8x scope, difficult to range targets (~ 500 m-800 m)
Engine & mobility
Modules and improvements
History of creation, combat usage and evolution
Screenshots and fan art
|Number of Crew||4|
|Hull armour thickness|
|Engine power (stock)|
|Engine power (upgraded)|
|HP/ton ratio (stock)|
|HP/ton ratio (Upgraded)|
|1 x 105 mm L7A3||Cannon|
|Ammo stowage||50 rounds|
|First-stage Ammo stowage||29 rounds|
|1 x 7.62 mm MG 3A1||Machine gun|
|Ammo stowage||4000 rounds|
|Required RP||390,000 RP|
|Vehicle cost||505,0000 SL|
|Crew training cost||290,000 SL|
|Max repair cost*|
|Free repair time (Stock)|
|Free repair time (Upgraded)|