6,244 articles and growing thanks to your support!
The War Thunder Wiki is a community effort, only a WT forum account is required to join us
. We need YOU for this ultimate guide!
War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armoured vehicles, and fleets.
Available for Windows, Linux, SteamOS, PS4 and Mac. System requirements for all systems.
Article of the month: June
Update 1.69 "Regia Aeronautica" came in like a hot pasta meal to War Thunder on May 25th to bring a new guest into the War Thunder battlefield, the Italian air forces!
With that, let's take a look at one of the special offerings the Italian tech tree has, the G.55S.
The G.55S is a gift Rank IV Italian fighter with a battle rating of 4.7 (AB) and 4.3 (RB/SB), a variant from the G.55 Centauro family. Its biggest difference from the original G.55 is the ability to mount torpedo to fight enemy naval units.
A very capable fighter plane with an excellent rate of climb that allows for an easy altitude advantage over its adversaries. Equipped with three 20 mm MG 151/20 on the nose and wings, the G.55S has more than enough firepower to not only deal with enemy fighter planes, but attackers and bombers as well.
Its flying characteristics make a variety of tactics an option when taking this to the sky. Turn time is decent enough to turn fight and the high climb rate gives it great Boom and Zoom capabilities. Thus, the G.55S is a rather friendly vehicle to get along with once its pros and cons are known to the pilot.
Continue reading for more details!
Featured historic article
Dear readers and valuable writers,
The Wiki staff are proud to announce our next big feature for our dear readers. After the addition of weapon tables to the wiki, which was our first attempt of displaying data mine information from in game files,turned out to such a success. We decided to focus on a much more difficult task, data mining flight models.
With this in mind we would like to present a major overhaul of the statistic cards and addition of piston-engine performance charts for all aircraft.
- Our new and improved info boxes on the right hand-side, feature full developed technical details. As well as quick-links to important information such as: families, types, tactics, arms and more!
- We plan on adding more information regularly into these box, such as suggested combat style,and greatest threats.
- To the already published turbojet-thrust-charts, horsepower graphs are now available for all aircraft pre 1.55 (if not available on the vehicle page, add /horsepower_graph in the address bar). They are for now, to remain limited to horsepower vs altitude and their corresponding compressor stages.
- Please stay tuned. We have more to come soon™
The format of every aircraft page is slowly being updated. We hope these additions will help everyone in their task for air supremacy.
Please note that this information is still in the development phase and information can be incorrect due many factors. Please point out error to us as it is most likely an error on our end not in the flight model.
Similar features are currently in the works for Ground Forces, we hope to give players information that can not be easily found in game such as gear ratios and break force. We cannot announce a publishing date, as of now.
Interested in spreading your knowledge of warfare and combat tactics? Then wait no longer and log-into the War Thunder: Wikipedia with your forum account!
Our first steps walk-through can be found here. Though I am sure you won't need it ;-)
- Wiki Team
Discuss it here on the forum.
Did you know that...
- You are able to zoom into the minimap by moving your mouse cursor over the map and scrolling in? You need to assign the following settings to be able to do this: in control settings, make sure "show mouse cursor" is enabled.
- With 3000 rounds per minute, the American 20 mm M168 Vulcan gatling gun on the M163 Vulcan Air Defense System is the fastest firing weapon in the game?
- Pressing with the cursor on the map seen while pressing "M" will signal the team to pay attention to the specific sector?
- Different steel types exist for armour? Every metal has got its own modifier e.g. cast steel is only 90% as strong as rolled homogenes steel (which is the standard armour plate). All part of the damage mechanics.
- Reducing the vehicles ammo load, affects the ammo storage by making them smaller and once empty disappear. Empty Ammo Racks cannot be exploded and are literally empty space.
- Rockets can be shot down mid-air by gun fire?
- By binding a button to "Manual Engine Control" under the "Full Aircraft Control" tab in the controls menu, you can control the engine settings manually in RB and SB, even when using Mouse Aim controls and potentially achieve better performance.
- There is no cow level in War Thunder!
- The planes with the most weapons are the PBJ-1J and BV-238? The PBJ-1J has twelve offensive M2 Brownings in the nose and six Brownings in defensive turrets, while the BV-238 has sixteen 13mm MG131 machine guns and two MG151/20 cannons in defensive turrets.
- Torpedoes can destroy bridges too, if they hit the pillars.
- Further they can destroy tanks and floatplanes, if they're in the water.
- As most torpedoes travel at certain depths, they will detonate upon impact on shore. With a radius & penetration exceeding 30m and 300mm, killing tanks in the vicinity is possible for these swimming 270kg of pure Torpex explosives.
- Most bombs are general-purpose bombs (medium capacity) i.e. their pure explosive content is 50% of the bombs total wheight.
- Your aiming reticle in Arcade adjusts for the slowest bullet of your guns. Thus with the P-39 only one caliber (the slower 37mm, not faster 7.7mm) will hit in turn-fights.
Click me to read more!