Article of the month: May
Here could be YOUR article!
[Competition] WT-Wiki: "Combat Training
Are you an experienced War Thunder pilot or tanker that enjoys writing and sharing knowledge with your fellow players? Well, in case you missed it, the War Thunder Wiki Team is currently organising an article competition, rewarding the best three ground and air vehicle articles with up to 5,000 Golden Eagles, as well as Premium vehicles! Participation is easy. Just submit your post to this subforum
, following the rules outlined HERE
. Don’t miss your chance! Submit your article by the 17th of May, 2015! Good luck, and see you on the battlefield!
Also keep in mind: You can always start improving our Wikipedia by logging in with your official forum username via the secure Gaijin authorization system.
Featured historic article
Flight model creation in War Thunder
in flight. Their behaviour in air is determined by the flight model (FM)
Detailed tuning, when correctly simulated in the game, provides a means to automatically implement all the effects inherent to flight – effects such as rotor spin from oncoming airflow, tail-spin, drag force in a dive and so on. The following simulation improvements also provide a means to make aircraft tuning easier, since even if there is insufficient information available about a given aircraft, we still have the ability to simulate its in-game behavior, which will be as close as possible to its real-life prototype when all the aircraft's known parameters are provided. Our simulation provides a means to calculate, in real time, any changing parameters...
Most of the time spent on tuning flight models is spent searching for and studying as much documentation as possible on the aircraft, and also determining the reliability of those documents and how well they correlate. For various tests and examinations, factory data often differs significantly in the most basic parameters, and for some aircraft...
Did you know that...
- the Mk 103 HVAP belt can destroy all AI tanks and light pillboxes, but not destroyers and big pillboxes.
- your aiming reticle in Arcade adjusts for the slowest bullet of your guns? Thus with the P-39 only one calibre (the slower 37mm, not faster 7.7mm) will hit in turn-fights.
- 48 R4M rockets from the Me 262 are enough to kill a bombing point.
- USSR never received the armour-piercing rounds for their lend-lease P-39, which can be seen in their respective ingame belts.
- you can set up a "tank drive forward" command in tank-controls? It's called cruise-control and can be found in the "Realistic controls" tab. Button Q and E are advised.
Click me to read more