- 1 General Info
- 2 Specifications
- 3 History of creation and combat usage
- 4 Screenshots and fan art
- 5 Additional information (links)
The B-34 is a Rank II American medium bomber with a battle rating of 2.7. It was introduced in Update 1.65 "Way of the Samurai".
The main purpose, usage and tactics recommendations
General play style
The B-34 is a typical American bomber in the sense that it's decent payload is outdone by its defensive armament. While it's maximum payload and the ability to carry a torpedo is nice, it's not necessarily as good as it's ability to take and give out damage to other aircraft. Start with base/pillbox bombing, and should an enemy fighter come to engage, give him hell with your turrets. do slight maneuvers constantly to throw off his shots while trying to put as many shells into his engine/pilot as possible. with any luck he will fall out of the sky in no time.
Pros and cons
- Reasonably effective armament consisting of 2 x 7.62 Brownings and 2 x 12.7mm Brownings that are nose mounted
- Durable air frame for it's BR
- Reasonably effective defensive armament with good coverage on the rear section of the plane.
- The dorsal turret can swivel 360 degrees and even fire at targets the nose of the plane
- Can provide initial cover for other bombers until fighters reach their altitude.
- Blazing fast top speed compared to other medium bombers at it's BR
- Reasonably large payload capacity.
- The belly of the aircraft is a massive blind spot in the aircraft's defense
- Poor climb rate and energy retention
- For the most part, the offensive armament will only be useful in attacking enemy bombers, ground targets, or engaging fighters head-on, as the plane is too unmaneuverable for any real dog fighting of any kind.
- Steel construction makes this plane particularly heavy, and a small payload limits this plane's ability to be used as a tactical or strategic bomber.
- The Elevator can be shot off by an enemy plane easily. This can cause it to become uncontrollable in certain situations. However, it can still be controlled by operating flaps or adjusting engine power.
- Poor maneuverability
- 2 × 12.7 mm M2 Browning machine gun, cheek-mounted, 250 rpg = 500 total
- 2 × 7.62 mm Browning machine gun, nose-mounted, 250 rpg = 500 total
- 2 x 12.7 mm M2 Browning machine gun, dorsal turret, 400 rpg
- 2 × 7.62 mm Browning machine gun, tail turret, 1,000 rpg = 2,000 total
100 lbs = 50kg for ingame purposes
- 7 x 250 lbs bombs
- 4 x 250 lbs bombs + 3 x 500 lbs bombs
- 1 x 2216 lbs Mk. 13/44 torpedo.
Modules and improvements
History of creation and combat usage
Screenshots and fan art